shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess--Good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

malonty

Rough_Rock
I need some advice from all you pros out there....
Princess
1.97 carat
D/SI1
Good Polish/Good Symmetry
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick
Depth: 73.7%
Table: 72%
7.80x6.51x4.80 mm
Flor: NONE
Price: $10,800.00

Is this a good deal? I understand this is rectangular and that's OK, but does this take away a great deal from its brilliance?:-o Thanks in advance for your input--I appreciate any help--as a first time diamond buyer, this stuff can be pretty confusing (but I have done my homework....):read:

malonty

Rough_Rock
Oops--I forgot to add that this stone is a GIA Cert. stone and that it is for an engagement ring :appl: ; Incidentally, is a rect. princess cut hard to find a nice setting for since it is, well, a rectangle?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Malonty,

Yes, you did your homework :appl: Proportions above looks quite all right and price is reasonable.

Basically, proportions of the fancy diamond are the matter of personal preference. The market values square princess over the rectangle. Theoretically, higher symmetry gives you better chance to get higher light return. However, you should compare stone to stone because light return also depends on other proportions and itself doesn't equals to the human perception of the brilliance :)

I'm afraid, not much more could be add bases only on the numbers above. For in-depth analysis you have to employ expert appraiser...

barry

Shiny_Rock
Princess cuts and fancies in general
need to be looked at rather than solely
going on the specs.

As a general rule lower table/depth percentages
in Princess-cuts will result in "better"
looking stones and squares with these
numbers will "look" better than their
rectangular counter-parts in that it is
easier for the cutter to align the
facets properly for maximum light out-put.

The best advice is for you to examine
several princess cuts in similar
color/clarity combinations and see
which one appeals
to you the most.

Barry
www.superbcert.com
"When Good Isn't Good Enough"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results