shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Eugenia's padparadcha sapphire

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a photo of her mother's ring. I didn't love the setting, although I didn't dislike it, either, but I certainly liked it that it was a ruby! In my opinion, a ruby is less wishy washy in color than a Pad. The Duchess' stone looks too pink to me in some lights, but in this photo it looks vibrant red. Of course one cannot really discern color from photos.

SarahFergusonEngagementRing.jpg

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't love the setting of her mother's ring. Frankly, I don't see much similarity between the two. The ruby one is a very 80's setting whereas the Princess's ring has a lovely antique vibe to it which I adore.

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IT is beautiful and so is she. Fergie raised her children to be lovely ladies.. always impressed me.

FM

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh, that's beautiful! Definitely my fave out of her generation of British royal engagement rings!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am pretty amazed that these "experts" in the press can state something like that which actually requires a lab report to be certain. They must be pretty damn clever if they can tell just by looking at it that it's heated/treated. Cheeky assumption on their part, don't you think?

I agree with others though - that Pads were expensive before - watch the price and demand rocket now!

I love the ring, I love the setting. I think it's perfect and unusual. I also prefer it to Meghan's ring. The pad is so gorgeous!
An orangey pink sapphire may undergo lots of invasive treatment and the term"padparadcha" is loosely used by many vendors to sell inferior brownish sapphires. My fear is that a lot of people will be paying high prices for inferior stones because of this ring.

Her stone may be a nice authentic padparadcha with its proper reliable lab reports, but I'm afraid many consumers will be duped trying to replicate her ring.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
but I'm afraid many consumers will be duped trying to replicate her ring.

TL - I couldn't agree with you more. Sapphires are a bit of a mine field as it is but these more unusual ones are even more tricky.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a page with a video where Eugenie flashes the ring and he talks about just finding it at a jewelers. I wonder if he got duped as well. It could be diffused. Even jewelers get duped about their own inventory.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42781276

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a page with a video where Eugenie flashes the ring and he talks about just finding it at a jewelers. I wonder if he got duped as well. It could be diffused. Even jewelers get duped about their own inventory.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42781276

It’s a tricky business isn’t it- imagine having to buy a ring for a Princess! Lots of pressure to get something spectacular but possibly on a limited budget.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's lovely, and the proportions of the halo are nice. Don't care about the quality or specs. It's just nice to see a coloured stone again.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the antique styling of the halo too. It's not just a bunch of prong set diamonds like the Diana/Kate ring.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the antique styling of the halo too. It's not just a bunch of prong set diamonds like the Diana/Kate ring.

Now the problem with jewelry is prong set diamonds? Good golly!

AGBF

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now the problem with jewelry is prong set diamonds? Good golly!

AGBF

No, it's not. I just like the aesthetics of the vintage design. To each his/her own.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The first thing I thought when I saw this is "I wonder if they asked the PSCS folks about this before they bought"

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
and I bet it's gonna make Morganites go through the roof

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it and I would wear it myself!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually love how awkward this interview is! It’s not all rehearsed/fake. Rather adorable how clearly smitten they are :kiss2: Just wish we had more close ups of the ring....

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think awareness, demand, and prices for pads will go up because of this publicity
People are searching Ebay, that's for sure!
Screenshot_2018-01-24-17-09-53.png

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her stone may be a nice authentic padparadcha with its proper reliable lab reports, but I'm afraid many consumers will be duped trying to replicate her ring.

+ 1

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being that most stones in the UK are smaller, I don't think jewellers here get in diffused gems, and I bet being that they are Royal, the jeweller would not be just any jeweller. Finewater gems have two pad sapphires up, one is sold and untreated for over $8000 the other is heated and much stronger in colour. You can see the difference in colour there. Don't know if natural ones come in that strength of colour?

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Colored stone engagement ring squadmember here - I think her ring is lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results