shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Diamond...new guy needs advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JL_19

Rough_Rock
Good Day,
I''m hoping someone can give me advice on the following Princess Cut Diamond....

Thanks!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi JL,

Something''s missing.
2.gif

JL_19

Rough_Rock
sorry....it would make more sense if I added text....
3.gif

Carat 0.75
Colour E
Clarity VS1
Total Depth 69.50
Pavilion Depth 58.00
Table 72.90
Dimensions 5.21*5.09*3.54
Crown Angle 41.00
Pavilion Angle 0.00
Girdle 1.90
Culet
Fluorescence N
Lustre VG
Polish VG
Symmetry VG
Cut Square ICE Ideal
Cert MGR*

compared aginst this one....

Carat 0.70
Colour G
Clarity VS1
Total Depth 73.10
Pavilion Depth 0.00
Table 73.00
Dimensions 4.95*4.9*3.58
Crown Angle 0.00
Pavilion Angle 0.00
Girdle THN-MED
Culet
Fluorescence N
Lustre
Polish VG
Symmetry VG
Cut
Cert GIA

Again, thank you for all your help!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

Have you seen these diamonds in person, or do you have any images or photos please?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:11:06 AM
Author: JL_19

sorry....it would make more sense if I added text....
3.gif
No problem.
28.gif

Dittio Lorelei on info. Fancies are tough, and pics, especially ASET are best in evaluating. Are these online?

JL_19

Rough_Rock
Hi, Thank you,
no I have neither seen it in person or have any pictures, it is off Diamond Exchange''s website.
I know other websites have much more in respect to pictues but I was hoping the dimensions would be enough.
hopefully!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:17:48 AM
Hi, Thank you,
no I have neither seen it in person or have any pictures, it is off Diamond Exchange''s website.
I know other websites have much more in respect to pictues but I was hoping the dimensions would be enough.
hopefully!
Not really at all, unfortunately. Are you open to looking somewhere that provides more info?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 10:17:48 AM
Hi, Thank you,
hopefully!
Sorry, at best all we can get is a chalk outline of the diamond by the measurements, images are crucial. Have you asked this vendor if they can provide images such as ASET and photos? I am not very familiar with this vendor, but it is worth asking.

JL_19

Rough_Rock
I did ask, and the lady I spoke to said they are unable to email me any photos as their lab was not set up to take those types of pictures. The best she could do was to email me the grading report.
She did assure me that VS1 clarity is very good and that it was "eye clean"

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:33:57 AM
I did ask, and the lady I spoke to said they are unable to email me any photos as their lab was not set up to take those types of pictures. The best she could do was to email me the grading report.
She did assure me that VS1 clarity is very good and that it was ''eye clean''
That is nice to know, but it tells you nothing about the cut quality, or if the diamond is pretty at all. CUT is what makes a diamond razzle and dazzle you. Not clarity or color.
28.gif

JL_19

Rough_Rock
hmm...good to know. so apart from pictures is there anyway to find out about the diamond''s cut?

another side question...what is Fluoresence? and does it effect the quality or "spakle? is it visible to the naked eye?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 10:48:25 AM
hmm...good to know. so apart from pictures is there anyway to find out about the diamond's cut?

another side question...what is Fluoresence? and does it effect the quality or 'spakle? is it visible to the naked eye?
Not really, as I said before with proportions at best what we have is a chalk outline and the most we can say with some is that it might look promising and worth further evaluation, so it comes back to images again!

What you could do is to look at some AGS0 cut grade Princess as these should be of good cut quality, but still images are needed.

Fluorescence - you can read up on it here, it doesn't affect cut quality, it can be visible to the naked eye if it is medium sometimes or strong usually. Rarely it can have a negative effect by making a diamond look cloudy in some lights if the fluoro is strong, but this is unusual and no reason to fear fluorescence even if strong - a trusted vendor will advise you if the diamond does look cloudy in certain lighting, but it is rare as said previously.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fluor.asp

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:48:25 AM
hmm...good to know. so apart from pictures is there anyway to find out about the diamond''s cut?

another side question...what is Fluoresence? and does it effect the quality or ''spakle? is it visible to the naked eye?
Not really.

Here''s a great Princess. The video he has up does not have this particular stone in it, he must have mistakenly put it up. However, it does have a great cut Princess and a "typical" cut Princess. The difference is noticeable. See what you think.

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/3797/

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The stone Ellen suggested looks fantastic!

If you post your budget and desired size/color/clarity (looks like you want around 0.75 for size), we could help you find the best bang for the buck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results