shape
carat
color
clarity

princess diamond/gem scan?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sere

Rough_Rock
Hi there, new to the forum and thank you everyone for all your great input! I just came back from a vendor and I''ve decided on a .73ct princess cut, VS1, G, cut: very good. I was quoted the price of 3100 CDN. I love the diamond however it is only accompanied by a gemscan cert. I''m not sure how I would go about getting the other specs, as I''ve already left a deposit to have the diamond on hold. Any help would be much appreciated.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey sere welcome to ps!
35.gif

is there a particular reason that you are wanting more info on the stone? obviously you''ve seen it and liked it, what will more information do for you? just curious
2.gif

Sere

Rough_Rock
Hi and thank you for your reply belle. The reason behind my request for more info is because this is the first diamond I''ve ever bought. Although I''ve done plenty of research thanks to PS, I don''t want to get taken advantage of. I saw the diamond and I like it, however I just thought it was strange there I couldn''t see any of the specs on paper. All he had was a gemscan and the only info on there was the one I posted. I''m not sure if this is general practice among canadian jewellers. How do I know if there is fluorecense or the depth and table %?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m not familiar with typical canadian jewelry practices, but i would not be surprised if this was the only information offered. it seems like there have been a few people from canada in the same situation. did you ask the jeweler if he could get a sarin? or, perhaps you can find an apprasier with sarin equipment available.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results