shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Diamond Depth/Table%?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

csanders

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am so confused. I wish someone would come up with the ideal specs. on princess diamonds. I get a different answer from EVERYONE on what depth/table% is ideal. To all diamond cutters out there(or anyone who knows): Should I go with the AGA proportions of 64-75% depth & 62-68% table OR should I go with the GIA Classes of Cuts of 58-64% depth & 58-64% table? I'm not looking for perfection here, I just want a nice stone that sparkles alot!!!
Any help appreciated...
THANKS!:wavey:

P.S.- I just recently came across the Pricescope site & really like it!!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I might be mistaken but GIA itself doesn't use these classes anymore. Did you find them in F. Cuellar book?

Today GIA doesn’t have a system even for round stones. Fancy shapes are much more difficult to grade.

BTW, depth and table alone are not enough to evaluate the cut. AGA grades also include crown height.

You can use AGA system as a good starting point but your eyes should be the final judge.

to select a nice stone or arrange its inspection by David Atlas.

Sorry if I made it even more confusing. :)

[/u]

csanders

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the the info. - You didn't confuse me further. I didn't think the GIA had ideal specs? I did find them in the Fred Cuellar book. Why do you think he would put them in there if they're not recognized by the GIA. It seems like everyone says something different!

Thanks!!:))

missy430

Rough_Rock
In my opinion, since I am researching princess cuts like crazy! I see that an ideal depth/table is between 65%-75% for princess. Also that the depth & table shouldn't be more than 3% apart.
:)

csanders

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 7/16/2002 9:43:36 PM

In my opinion, since I am researching princess cuts like crazy! I see that an ideal depth/table is between 65%-75% for princess. Also that the depth & table shouldn't be more than 3% apart.
:)
----------------

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. If you don't mind me asking, are you going to purchase your diamond on the internet? Just wondering, because I haven't figured out yet whether I should or not? Also, have you been able to actually look at the diamonds in person. I have been so busy and haven't had a chance yet. Why would you say the depth & table shouldn't be more than 3% apart.(I haven't seen that anywhere yet?)
THANKS!!!
:))

missy430

Rough_Rock
No in person definetly! You can bargain with jewlers. You have to go to at least 3 different jewlers and look at all their diamonds. You will hate it, but take this cheat sheet and follow it!
I found this info on this pricescope website (Homepage > click tutorial > AGA Charts -Princess)
Here is my cheat sheet for Princess Cuts: (In my opinion)

table: should be from 65 - 72%
crown height: between 9 - 11%
Depth: should be between 64-75%
girdle: thin to med. or med. to thick

hope this helps!

:appl:

csanders

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info.!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results