shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FionaH

Rough_Rock
Hi

Can you give me some advice on a princess cut I am thinking of buying. Here are the details:
2.08 cts
Dimensions:7.05 x 7.01 x 5.14
Total depth 73.4%
Table width 69%
Crown height 8%
Pavillion depth 61%
Girdle thickness: medium, polished
Polish & symetry Good to very good
No Culet
H, SI2
No flourscence

Is this a good cut and good proportions for a princess cut? I am keen to get as much light reflection as possible. Is this a reasonable spread for this carat weight?

The cost is $6864, is this a good deal?

Thanks for your help

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi FionaH,

I don see anything wrong with this data.

* Proportions are within 2A AGA grade so you have a good chance to have a nice looking stone.

* It is square which is very nice too.

* Price looks very good as well.

You might want to check it with independent expert of course but on the paper it looks pretty good.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I have not seen a price this good for 2carat+ stone! does it have GIA or any kind of certificate?

Where did you get this stone?

FionaH

Rough_Rock
Hi

It has an EGL certificate and I found it on one of the internet diamond sites.:tongue:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Do consider the suggestion to have an independent appraiser evaluate the C's on that stone prior to the expiration of a good return policy. EGL is known for often being less stringent in its grading. Depending on the lab, some EGL graded stones that get sent to GIA or AGS come back with a lower color or clarity grade than represented by EGL. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
FionaH, since grading report is from EGL, I'd recomend you checking the stone with independent expert/appraiser within your money back period (you would need an appraisal for insurance anyway) to make sure that color and clarity are not overgraded.

EGL grades are not as strict as GIA and SI2 from EGL can be realy I1-2 from GIA as well as H color can be in fact I-J.

Otherwise, if the diamond is indeed as represented it looks like a great deal.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Lawmax, you see - you're 5 minutes faster :)

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
:bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results