shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess cut with an "X" window in the center

joe2

Rough_Rock
The rest of the stone shows good light return in the images (Aset and ideal scope). There is a large white X dead center in both images and clear as it can be when it's in the dispay container that it came in.
What did I miss and how do I avoid buying another dud.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi, joe2!
Fancy cuts are tricky - to eliminate all doubt, then you may want to enlist the help of a jeweler that places focus on light return and optical performance, regardless of the shape.

Jon at Distinctive Gem (Rhino)
Brian Gavin
Whiteflash (Texas Leaguer)
Victor Canera (Victor Canera)
JannPaul
David at Diamonds by Lauren (Rockdiamond)
Wink at Continental Diamond (Wink)
...that's just off the top of head.

joe2

Rough_Rock
I may give it one more try and test my luck. If that fails I'll have to do just that.
Thank you.

joe2

Rough_Rock
I had no idea the the "X" in the center would be a window, just as clear as a poorly cut colored gem stone. KIMG0814~2.JPG

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask for an ASET image next time. You should be able to tell in a video whether the X is returning light or not.
Do you have a link to this stones video? I'd like to see if I can tell.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I may give it one more try and test my luck. If that fails I'll have to do just that.
Thank you.

You might find this information helpful or interesting.

joe2

Rough_Rock
Thank you Texas Leaguer
I did read that and several other articles but I still did a poor job at selecting a stone.
After looking at several AGS graded 0 stones I came up with some new parameters for my search and ordered another stone. I'll post the results in a week or two.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results