shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Setting - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anthony1015

Rough_Rock
I''ve purchased a .91 princess cut diamond online and am verry happy with it! However, I''ve been searching for a simple white gold solitaire setting and have run into problems.
It seems like with all the rings, the prongs are too big and take away from the diamond. I''ve been told they just look that way until the prongs are filed down. Is this true? Are there any other settings to look for? Thanks for any help..

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
I have V-shaped prongs around my princess cut diamonds and they don't take away from the stone at all. In fact they sort of seem to protect the corners.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Anthony, have you seen Vatche X-Prong settings?

xprong_pr.jpg

anthony1015

Rough_Rock
Those are very nice! Thanks!

anthony1015

Rough_Rock
V shaped prongs, Thanks! I'm going to look on the internet to see an example. Thanks again!

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
here is an example of the v-prongs

I tried to attahc a picture but it didn't work so here's the link.

http://www.shopping.com/dt-app/SE/KW-PRINCESS%20CUT%20DIAMOND/org_kw-PRINCESS%20CUT%20DIAMOND/linkin_id-3001141/GS.html

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
14kt white gold Priscilla ring is made specifically for a princess cut diamond. V prongs are used to protect the corners of the princess cut

This setting is $100 for a simple princess solitaire at bestgem.com

anthony1015

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I'll definitely look into those!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
You can look for V-shaped prongs, which cover the corners and extend out to each side, or dot prongs, which just cover the corners. The Vatche pictured is an example of a dot prong. I suspect the others you've seen are V-prongs. Personally, I like the way dot prongs look, but V-prongs are suppose to protect better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results