shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess cut mounting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

El Greco

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I have been following the postings on this forum for the past couple of months. I must tell you that the information posted here has helped me tremendously, and for that I thank all of you. I finally decided on a diamond Princess cut GIA 1.20 ct, F/VS2 which I purchased from the Internet for $ 5,800. One thing that I noticed on the GIA certificate is that it is indented natural on one of the corners. The question I have is whether I use a standard four prong mounting or should I use a V-prong mount. I am concerned that a V-prong mounting might not show off the diamond as much and it will make it look smaller than it is. However the V- prong mounting appears to be a more stable mount and will protect the corners more.

Can anyone advise me on which way I should go with this? Thanks I advance for you help!

:rolleyes:

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It is really your personal choice. Many people do like the 90-degree V prong as it keeps the corners appearing more square. This setting may be a little more secure, but that wouldn't be why I would say to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results