Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess cut mounting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

El Greco

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I have been following the postings on this forum for the past couple of months. I must tell you that the information posted here has helped me tremendously, and for that I thank all of you. I finally decided on a diamond Princess cut GIA 1.20 ct, F/VS2 which I purchased from the Internet for $ 5,800. One thing that I noticed on the GIA certificate is that it is indented natural on one of the corners. The question I have is whether I use a standard four prong mounting or should I use a V-prong mount. I am concerned that a V-prong mounting might not show off the diamond as much and it will make it look smaller than it is. However the V- prong mounting appears to be a more stable mount and will protect the corners more.

Can anyone advise me on which way I should go with this? Thanks I advance for you help!

:rolleyes:

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It is really your personal choice. Many people do like the 90-degree V prong as it keeps the corners appearing more square. This setting may be a little more secure, but that wouldn't be why I would say to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.