shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Idealscope help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AronDizzle

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

i''m looking at 3 different stones from James Allen, and I am hoping you guys can help me out on which stone ''looks'' the best (just based on the idealscope). I apologize in advance--I''m a newbie and can''t figure out how to add 3 files to the same post, so i''ll have to do 3 seperate posts! Sorry again, but thanks for all of your help!!!

ARon1.jpg

AronDizzle

Rough_Rock
Here is the 2nd stone!

Aron2.jpg

AronDizzle

Rough_Rock
And finally the 3rd stone...

Aron3.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Aron,

Can you post the pics of the actual diamonds too please and the proportions for each - depth, table, diameter etc and the type of grading report?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Aron,

You have picked three promising Princess by the look of it, personally I like the first and second best but this is just my preference. The first has VVS clarity which is fine if you like very high clarity - which one are you leaning towards? The last has slightly higher colour and SI clarity, you would need to check that one is eyeclean to your standards by asking JA.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #2 better.

EDT:

virtual facets are larger in this stone, so the flashes will be larger but not as numerous.

AronDizzle

Rough_Rock
At this point, i''m not sure which one i''m leaning towards. The most important thing for me is the fire/brilliance. I''m not too worried about going with a vvs as opposed to a vs or even si1 if its eye clean (like you said i''d have JA help out more with this).

Does anyone else out there have a helpful opinion they could share with me?

Thanks again!!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2009 11:56:03 AM
Author: AronDizzle
At this point, i'm not sure which one i'm leaning towards. The most important thing for me is the fire/brilliance. I'm not too worried about going with a vvs as opposed to a vs or even si1 if its eye clean (like you said i'd have JA help out more with this).

Does anyone else out there have a helpful opinion they could share with me?

Thanks again!!!!!
What I would do is contact JA, ask for one of their experts to inspect the diamonds for you and advise on the personality and ' flair' of each. Their input and advice can be extremely valuable, we are not experts or can see the diamonds to predict with any accuracy the performance of any of them as to do so is only speculation and we don't want to mislead you, so this is what I would advise.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In fancy shapes, the ideal-scope gives some info, but definitely insufficient. Do ask for ASET.

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 6:46:28 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
In fancy shapes, the ideal-scope gives some info, but definitely insufficient. Do ask for ASET.

Aset pictures show so much more, you can see the direct light(red), reflective light(green), and bleed threw(white light), and how much your head is blocking(blue). Unlike round diamonds, fancy shapes do have more reflective light then direct light which the ideal-scope cannot pick up. You really do not need the entire kit, just the scope itself to see what it looks like. Obviously the more red the better........

2%20pics.JPG

AronDizzle

Rough_Rock
I am somewhat familiar with the ASET (via their website). I must say, that diamond you showed me looks AWESOME! The only problem is, I don''t think James Allen can provide ASET''s. If I am mistaken, someone please correct me.

Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 2:08:19 PM
I am somewhat familiar with the ASET (via their website). I must say, that diamond you showed me looks AWESOME! The only problem is, I don''t think James Allen can provide ASET''s. If I am mistaken, someone please correct me.

Thanks!
No they don''t, otherwise this would have been suggested originally for you to request one. I wish they would though!

AronDizzle

Rough_Rock
Lorelei,

I started a new thread with a different set of stones--would you be so kind as to give me your quick initial thoughts on them? I''m looking to go with a better color
18.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 2:24:54 PM
Lorelei,

I started a new thread with a different set of stones--would you be so kind as to give me your quick initial thoughts on them? I''m looking to go with a better color
18.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results