shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess cut help please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jamjet

Rough_Rock
Thanks in advance...
If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I am a newbie in the market...My other half and I were at a gem show in Arizona and found a ring (she) we both liked. The seller seems to be reputable as he has come to the show for years. Numerous friends who have bought from him have never been let down. Some monies were put down to hold the diamond which didnt have a cert. with an agreement that he get it cert. to proceed any further.

I received a fax of the cert...
EGL USA #US 75705001D
Princess
3.01ct
SI1
J
8.24 x 7.81 x 5.51

Alot of reading I''ve done gives proper proportions of depth & table percentage, girdle, culet, picture of showing inclusions, etc.
Do I not have the complete report?
What ball park should I be paying?
Thankyou,
Joe

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
we need to know more details on the depth,table ,girdle,culet,flour.etc...,the measur. you gave are only showing that the stone is squarish.and specify the color and clarity, that's not all the details.

As far as how much to pay fOr such a stone ,they range from 11,000.00-12,500.00 for e.g.l's as they are known to be a bit more lenient in their grading than G.I.A, and are trading for less money than G.I.A certed stones.

jamjet

Rough_Rock
Thankyou for the reply...
The info I provided was all that that I received.
It was in the form of two credit card size sqaures.One being the EGL emblem, the other being the cert info.
My question...is the information that you refer to normally provided in the report...It appears to me that I
received the insert that goes with plastic pouch.
I received this from the seller...I take it he has not provided the full report.
Thanks,
Joe

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No... this is not a full report, but you did see the stone, right?

The available numbers say: square cut, 70% depth and (probably) thin girdle. These are good points, but the rest of the cert could hide a few things: the location of inclusions (could be visible or damaging), girdle thickness ('very-thin' is not very good news...), symetry ('good' is ok, 'fair' not really) and table size (I wish it wasn't more than 72% or so, but given the spread of the stone, I would guess it could be rather more than this). Fluorescence ?

The price could be attractive for this combination of color grades, esp. if the stone looked good in person. However, all diamonds look good unless you get to see mny of them: this is why taking a look at at the stone under the brilliant lights of a jewelry store makes so-so stones an easier sale. No idea if this is the case with this particular diamond. This post of mine just lines up all that could go wrong, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results