shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess cut for the queen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Binki

Rough_Rock
Barb here from San Francisco. I am so excited because my ring is being completed today and I will get it tomorrow. I chose a 2ct princess cut diamond from Whiteflash. Photos of the ring will be posted later today. How can I be expected to function all day long?

reena

Ideal_Rock
so exciting! you must be dying from the anticipation. please be sure to post pics so we can all drool!
emsmiled.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice binki! What kind of setting are you getting? Cant wait for the pics!!!

Binki

Rough_Rock
The setting is a diamond band by platinum designer Le. He works with Whiteflash, from what I understand. This is the setting, but my stone is not round, it''s a princess cut.

Lepave.jpg

Binki

Rough_Rock
Whiteflash just photographed it and it''s on its way to San Francisco!! Here it is folks.

mine (2).jpg

Binki

Rough_Rock
Here''s another angle.

ring2 (2).jpg

Binki

Rough_Rock
Angle #3.

ring (2).jpg

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
BINKI IT''S BEAUTIFUL
30.gif
30.gif
. CANT WAIT TO SEE THE HAND PICS. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU MIGHT WANT TO GO OUT SHOPPING ( I HEAR THERE ARE LOTS OF GREAT DEALS) OR GO GET A MANICURE TO KILL TIME.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations it''s a beautiful design.

Binki

Rough_Rock
Yes, I''m ahead of you on the manicure thing. I had my nails done at noon today!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
It''s B-YOO-TI-FUL!! Looking forward to seeing hand pics!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! What are the specs on your stone?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very swank! Look forward to hand pics!

cheers--Sharon

reena

Ideal_Rock
it''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif
can''t wait to see hand pics once you get it!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
congrats binki! love that setting with the princess, can''t wait to see it on your hand
1.gif

Binki

Rough_Rock
Researcher:
I will have to pull up the certification and email it to you. I can''t remember everything in detail, but I do know that it is 2.0 ct, F color with excellent cut and very good clarity. I had it hand picked by Bob at Whiteflash who found one with the right depth and width for a princess cut. I have not seen it in person yet, but I understand it really pops. Email me offline if you would like to see the cert. The appraisal is being done tomorrow in California. Cost of the stone was $10,500 and the diamond band by Le was $1750.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 6:55
6.gif
1 PM
Author: Binki
Researcher:
I will have to pull up the certification and email it to you. I can''t remember everything in detail, but I do know that it is 2.0 ct, F color with excellent cut and very good clarity. I had it hand picked by Bob at Whiteflash who found one with the right depth and width for a princess cut. I have not seen it in person yet, but I understand it really pops. Email me offline if you would like to see the cert. The appraisal is being done tomorrow in California. Cost of the stone was $10,500 and the diamond band by Le was $1750.
You''re so sweet to offer to send me the cert! I was just curious to see if your specs follow the unwritten rule, or if yours is an exception to the rule. No matter what, your stone looks amazing and you got a great price!!! I would trust Bob at WF to chose a spectacular stone so I''m sure yours is gorgeous. I can''t wait to see hand pics!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooooohhhhh, beautiful princess!!! will you get a matching pave band?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhh
23.gif

Binki- It''s simply amazing. I love the setting. There''s a lot of bling, don''t blind someone.
Don''t forget hand pics.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Cost of the stone was $10,500 ? Huh? A 2 carat F for 10,500. Think you have a typo in there
9.gif
LOL...sure that 0 isn't a 9? LOL

It looks like a beautiful stone I might add!!! :)

Binki

Rough_Rock
Nope, not a typo. This is why having someone in the industry act as a personal shopper is so important. I spoke with one of the best appraisers in Northern, California and told her what my budget was and what I wanted. This is what I said:

1. An excellent cut: this is important in any stone for sparkle.
2. At least two carats. I wanted 3 cts.
3. A white diamond (no yellowing).
4. Clean to the naked eye (I didn''t care what happens under magnification. My friends don''t carry magnifying glasses in their purses).
5. Budget of approximately $12,000.

I found fabulous 3.0 to 4.0 ct stones in my price range, but determined that they were enhanced stones. My appraiser said I could not get a GIA certification for an enhanced stone. She also advised me that enhanced stones were only worth $500 per carat wholesale. Once they are sold for a high retail price, they most likely cannot be resold to a third party because they are considered "worthless" and tons of litigation is constantly going on because of enhanced stones bought at places like Ebay. Our insurance company advised us that they would not insure an enhanced stone for what I was willing to pay for it. Our appraiser recommended Pricescope.com for a "real" diamond which met my criteria.

I could have gotten a stone larger than 2.0 carats on Pricescope, but I wanted an antique style band by Le. It was pricier than a lot of bands that I looked at because it has three rows of "cut above" diamonds on both sides of the band. It was also platinum, instead of white gold.

Bob at Whiteflash found a stone which met all of my criteria within my budget because the clarity is not VS1, it''s an SI2. Color F. Excellent cut. All other factors were also very good to excellent: polish, depth, symmetry, width. The diamond is perfectly clean to the naked eye. It looks like a VS1 to the naked eye. There is a tiny white inclusion in the stone, but you need magnification to see it.

You should see this thing when the light hits it! It''s got wow appeal. The owner of my nail salon has asked to photograph my hand with the ring on it so that he can blow it up and put it on his wall. They did my nails in anticipation of the ring arriving the next day.

Everyone loves it! I was advised against a princess cut diamond, but I was lucky to have found a really nice one with great cut, visual clarity, depth, polish and sparkle. And the price was right!

Thanks for all of your help Bob!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
We want hand pics! We want hand pics!
WE WANT HAND PICS!

We want HAND PICS!
9.gif
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Well, you still got a grreat price for a si2. That is also smart shopping...it''s a lovely stone!

Binki

Rough_Rock
Yes, I agree that I got an exceptional deal. I think I wore poor Bob out. He kept emailing me with reality checks about my expectations and my budget. But in the end, I got what I wanted (except for the 3.0 carats). It took several people days to convince me that this was not a realistic expectation.

I went online and did a search today for my stone and I am pleased to say that Santa was really good to me this Christmas. And as for Mr. Le''s plantinum antique style band, my appraiser said the workmanship was terrific. She also advised us that we would have paid substantially more for the ring had we bought it in a store.

Let''s keep supporting Pricescope.com''s E-merchants. They perform a great service for us gals with huge expectations and moderate budgets. They rock!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe I missed this post. Wow, your ring is gorgeous! I think the 3 row pave by Le is one of my all time favorite settings. And it looks wonderful with your princess in it! It reminds me or MaryAlaina''s with her Asscher.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2004 10:38:18 AM
Author: Binki
4. Clean to the naked eye (I didn''t care what happens under magnification. My friends don''t carry magnifying glasses in their purses).
Smart girl! And what a ring--can''t wait to see the hand pics.
30.gif
1.gif
The stone looks like an amazing princess--nice crown height!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results