shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cjhrph

Rough_Rock
Looking at the AGA cut charts for princess cuts I noticed the following.

"All characteristics need to be 2A or 1A thru 2B. Only a single 2B parameter is permitted and it must be within 2% or 2 degrees of the 2A characteristic. (crown angle degree rounds only)

What does the statement, "crown angle degree rounds only" mean ? Does crown angle not factor into the equation for princess cuts ?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
This is the question to Oldminer (David Atlas). Hope will see it :)

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I really wanted those charts to be simple, but nothing that complex is simple enough. I use crown height percent and table diameter percent and not crown angles on fancy shapes.
This is because on many fancies the crown angle varies all around the stone as the length to width ration changes.

By using percentages for crown height and table percent, one defines the crown angle on average. That is all one can hope to do with simple tools.

I hope that helps you out.

cjhrph

Rough_Rock
Thank You for the response.

I guess its just not that simple with this type of cut. I will have to send it out for appraisal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results