shape
carat
color
clarity

princess cut engagement ring 1 ctw

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrbill

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone. I''ve been lurking the boards for a few months as I have gone through the engagement ring shopping process. At first I was going to pick out the diamond/setting, and my fiance to be wanted nothing to do with the process. She would show me pictures from magazines of her likes and dislikes. I realized I was in over my head. The ones she liked looked the same as the ones she hated. So finally we went shopping together and hit just about every jewelery store within a 45 minute drive. By the end, all the rings started to look the same. Anyway, one thing that she always kept comming back to was a feature that she had seen on a Verragio ring. On the particular Verragio setting that she liked, the center stone was mounted above channel set side stones. The side stones didn''t stop and continued all the way under the diamond. We couldn''t find anything similar to that locally. The Verragio was a little out of my price range, as it wouldn''t have allowed me to buy the center stone that I was aiming for (we had been looking at high quality but not ideal cut .75ish carat stones). At our last stop (Jared''s) she spotted a pre-packaged 14k white gold ring that had the one feature she liked (side stones under center stone). By pre-packaged I mean the side stones and center stone was already set, and you could choose the "model" you wanted by the total carat weight. I had always been suggesting quality over quantity, and this ring''s quality was way less than what I wanted (alot cheaper than our budget as well). I had also been pushing platinum due to her nickel allergy. Anyway, to make a long story slightly shorter, we came to a "compromise" and had the ring remade in 18k white gold with diamonds to our specifications. I picked it up yesterday and was absoutely amazed at the difference. Night and day.....my jaw hit the floor. I compared the custom job to the premade setup, and let me tell you...cut makes all the difference in the world. I wasn''t planning on posting, but I''m so thrilled with the final product I couldn''t resist. I don''t have a clue how to get the diamond sparke that is visible in alot of the pics, but here is the design.

The center stone is an 0.55 carat AGS0 H color, VVS2 clarity. The sidestones are 5 points each and are H color/VS1 clarity.

asda434.jpg

dskgdre4343.jpg

yhut54.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi mrbill, welcome to PS! Congratulations on finding the ring! It''s very beautiful. I''ve never seen that setting before and I really like it. When are you planning on proposing? Can you post photos in "Show Me the Ring" afterwards?

Zoe

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful design! I''m sure she''ll love the ring and we''re looking forward to hand shots once you propose!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS!
35.gif

That ring is beautiful. Congratulations on a great choice.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Great ring design, I love the "swoopy" prongs. Diamonds running under the main stone is definitely going to add a lot of extra bling to that ring.

She''s going to love it!!! Don''t forget to post hand shots after the proposal!

Congratulations.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, the setting is very pretty and unique! Lovely ring!

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! She''ll love it!

36.gif

-J

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Its Beautiful!!! Congratulations!

I love the setting!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous and unique. It is very beautiful!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did a great job, it''s gorgeous!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
very nice! you did a fantastic job.. she''ll be thrilled, no doubt
1.gif

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I am sure she''ll be so thrilled to have that on her finger! You did a wonderful job. Congratulations!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!! Good luck with your proposal!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the design. Please come back with hand shots and welcome to PS.

Linda

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way cool design! Classic with a twist. Congrats!

mrbill

Rough_Rock
I''ll be back with handshots. I''m not going to pop the question until June though. It''s going to be hard to wait. Thanks for the comments guys/gals. We couldn''t have put something together this nice without all the info available on these boards.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, very cool design, gorgeous ring..

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Love it! You done gooood.... Congratulations,

a

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Congrats!
36.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous.
2.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love princess cuts, that is beautiful
21.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
great ring!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
This is actually a pretty populary ring design where I live. I know several girls with a very similar design, and it looks nice on. I think any girl would love it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 7:50:50 AM
Author: Fancy605
This is actually a pretty populary ring design where I live. I know several girls with a very similar design, and it looks nice on. I think any girl would love it.
I have a friend who got a very smilar ring to this (the diamonds underneath are starset on hers) and it is very nice and sparkly and looks even better on the finger than off. All the more reason for june to hurry up, right? :) Congratulations!

la petite amie

Rough_Rock
Wow. Congratulations on finding such a gorgeous ring! I''m sure she will love it (even if she does have to wait until June...).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful choice--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results