shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess cut diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DJC Duke

Rough_Rock
I''ve been shopping around for a while and finally settled on a stone. I decided to purchase online b/c the prices seemed noticeably better, but after I made my order they responded that my stone was not in stock. I was pretty frustrated b/c I spent a lot of time researching/picking that stone.

I was sent an email with these replacements recommended.....

1.02ct F VS1 69.7 76 Thin to Medium, None, Very Good, Good, None
5.83-5.68x3.96
$4,570

1.16ct F VVS2 72.1 76 Medium to Slightly Thick, None, Very Good, Good,
None 5.79x5.77x4.16
$5,363

My price range is 4,500 to 6,500 and I would like to get at least a 1ct. diamond, maybe a bit larger.

Any advice on the stones above or in general?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.......I''m out of my element and I''m also extremely busy so I can''t devote as much time to this as I would like.........thanks for any advice any of you can give me!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Well, the tables are pretty large... I think you should stick with 65% +/- 3%... Ok?

Giangi

DJC Duke

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Anything else?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Girdles are very fine on both stones... Try to look for little variances... 1 step or max 2 is better (like thin to medium or thin to sl.thick...)...
It's Ok now?

Giangi

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Welcome to the forum DJC Duke;

If were picking from only those two, I would take the 1.02 F VS1. Don't get in a big hurry to spend all your money. There are a lot more to pick from and if you will check out the numbers on the website, it will give you a good guide:

http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt4.htm

You should get more offers. If not go to a few of the sites here on Pricescope and ask for what you want. These people are anxious to sell you a 1ct princess.

I know you are very busy, but you worked hard for that $5000 and someone will be wearing that diamond for a very long time. It is important for your future happiness!

Love is more important than a job but we all have to eat!

Good Luck!

DJC Duke

Rough_Rock
Don't worry; I'm doing my best to combat my enthusiasm.

I am having a little trouble figuring out how to evaluate the cut. I know it's the most important aspect of a diamond, but there doesn't seem to be nearly as much info out there for princess cuts....specifically there don't seem to be clear grading criteria as with the rounds.

Can you guys give me any guidelines as to what would be an ideal/almost ideal cut? What combination of depth/table, etc. Last question I promise.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results