shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Diamond Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Braddi

Rough_Rock
I'm just beginning my search for an engagement ring for my girlfriend and I could use serious help in finding a great diamond for a good price. What I know is that I want a 1.0 - 1.05 carat princess cut diamond in the E - F color range and VS2 - VVS2 clarity. What I think I've found from this site is that I want:

Table % of 62 -68%
Crown Height % 9-10%
Girdle of Thin to Med or Medium to Thick (not sure what this means)
Total Depth % of 64-75%
Polish/Symmetry Excellent to Good
Square Range: ??? (the dimensions should be as close as possible?)
Rectangular Range? 1.5-1.75

Is there anything glaring that I'm missing or items you can clarify for me about the square range or the rectangular range? I'm looking to spend $3500-$5000 on the diamond and if I can't match all of the items above, what would be the most important features to get in the diamond so I can stay within my price range? Could I get the diamond above in my price range? Is one of the better places to search for this diamond on this site or are there other sites I might want to look?

Anyway, I'm a bit lost with a lot of information in front of me and I need some help getting some focus and direction.

Thanks!

alexcornejo

Rough_Rock
Braddi,
I just purchased a Princess cut diamond and it's posted 8-23-02 on the entry "How did I do". This diamond really sparkles and it looks bigger than the 1.19 ct. The cut really makes a big difference and should be considered the most important part (second to price)of a quality diamond.Initially, I believe women judge the diamond size rather than sparkle (they have nothing to compare it with). When women get together for some reason, they will compare. I believe at this time size becomes secondary and they become indulged by the sparkle. So I recommend a quality diamond vs size (actually weight).I initially looked for a colorless diamond but I couldn't tell the difference between a E,F and G . . . so why pay for it? Same goes for clarity. Women will talk about what they can "SEE" not read with a loupe. So spend the money on the cut quality, you can always upgrade to something bigger and use the current diamond as a accent piece for the future diamond. Shop, shop and shop for the best price.
:wink2:

Braddi

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 8/23/2002 1:34:32 PM

Braddi,
I just purchased a Princess cut diamond and it's posted 8-23-02 on the entry "How did I do". This diamond really sparkles and it looks bigger than the 1.19 ct. The cut really makes a big difference and should be considered the most important part (second to price)of a quality diamond.Initially, I believe women judge the diamond size rather than sparkle (they have nothing to compare it with). When women get together for some reason, they will compare. I believe at this time size becomes secondary and they become indulged by the sparkle. So I recommend a quality diamond vs size (actually weight).I initially looked for a colorless diamond but I couldn't tell the difference between a E,F and G . . . so why pay for it? Same goes for clarity. Women will talk about what they can "SEE" not read with a loupe. So spend the money on the cut quality, you can always upgrade to something bigger and use the current diamond as a accent piece for the future diamond. Shop, shop and shop for the best price.
----------------

----------------
On 8/23/2002 1:34:32 PM

Braddi,
----------------

Thanks for the information...I haven't actually been to any jewelry stores yet and would actually like to do this on-line or through some broker contacts I have. It's good information to know that there's not a noticeable difference between an E & G
diamond. I'll also start looking at VS1 or VS2 diamonds and concentrate more on the cut. Did you focus on the depth and table in reference to the cut or what did you find most noticable in the cut?

Thanks!:twirl:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results