shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess cut diamond dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missea

Rough_Rock
Hi all

My partner and I have FINALLY decided on the setting for our engagement ring. We''re getting the Tiffany setting with a princess cut diamond, but we''ll probably take a bit of the knife edge off the band.

We are going to be buying our diamond online and then having the ring made by a jeweller that has been recommended to us time and time again. As a result, we will need to purchase from www.jogiadiamonds.com.au the best cut diamond we can find.

Trouble is - I have no idea. I want as large a diamond as possible, to H colour, SI2 clarity, but I wouldn''t know which ones are cut well. We are looking from .8 to 1ct.

Could anyone tell me what are the IDEAL proportions for a diamond of this size? Length, width, girdle, etc.E.g., If I see a diamond that is 5.2mm x 5.2mm across, then ideally how many mm deep should it be???

Thanks for all of your help.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 1:48:09 AM
Author:missea
Hi all

My partner and I have FINALLY decided on the setting for our engagement ring. We're getting the Tiffany setting with a princess cut diamond, but we'll probably take a bit of the knife edge off the band.

We are going to be buying our diamond online and then having the ring made by a jeweller that has been recommended to us time and time again. As a result, we will need to purchase from www.jogiadiamonds.com.au the best cut diamond we can find.

Trouble is - I have no idea. I want as large a diamond as possible, to H colour, SI2 clarity, but I wouldn't know which ones are cut well. We are looking from .8 to 1ct.

Could anyone tell me what are the IDEAL proportions for a diamond of this size? Length, width, girdle, etc.E.g., If I see a diamond that is 5.2mm x 5.2mm across, then ideally how many mm deep should it be???

Thanks for all of your help.
Ask Jogia if they stock AGS0 cut grade Princess, that might be the easiest way, and if they can supply ASET images and photos of the diamonds. There really isn't a numerical formula which will get you a well cut Princess, you can use this chart as a guide but images such as ASET and detailed photos are the way to properly judge a Princess. Look for a diamond with the table less than the depth, avoid girdle extremes such as very thin to thick, very thick etc and and get images from there. Also if looking at SI2 clarity make sure someone can inspect the diamond for you and tell you if it is eyeclean to your standards or not.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc1.asp

Also as you are in Australia, check out www.hollowaydiamonds.com and see what Garry can come up with for you.

This page explains about ASET and Idealscope images.

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=education-performance

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What Lorelei said, or, if you want to give us a budget for the stone, we''d be glad to help you find one!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out their crossfire stones. They are usually AGS0 with ASET images and video.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results