shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess cut ASET - Contrast or light leakage?

kaitono

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I need some help interpreting the following princess cut ASET. I had 3 diamonds on hold few weeks ago but wasn't 100% sure about either of them. They were discussed in another thread. Ended up I waited for some time and spottes this diamond last week. It immediately caught my attention so I ordered it and requested for an ASET. I received the ASET today and it looks good to me except that there are black areas (small squares) around the table. Initially I thought they were contrast by looking at the video but they could be light leakage judging by the ASET? Is this something of a concern?

Video of the diamond ==> https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...ut/0.80-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-sku-6852620

6852620aset.jpg

From GIA report:
Table: 69%
Depth: 72.6%
Crown height: Around 11% as listed on another site but not sure if it's accurate

kaitono

Rough_Rock
I spoke with one of JA's gemologist. He has confirmed that the black area actually represents contrast and it's due to the camera that they use.

Hopefully the diamond will look beautiful on the setting.

kaitono

Rough_Rock
By the way, how is this stone compared to WF ACA? Personally I just want to make sure I buy a nice stone in terms of light performance. I don't mind if it's G or even H colour but I know my gf wants a D E F stone (due to her personal preference more than anything). WF doesn't have any ACA princess in those colors at the moment. I checked JA and BG but they don't have AGS 0 princess cut in those colours as well. I am not an ASET or princess cut expert so would love some opinions on this matter! Should I wait or request the stone from WF? Happy to increase my budget.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's the price for the JA one? Whiteflash has ideal cut princess stones and $1 more upgrade policies that can't be beat. JA customer service is lacking, and they don't have ideal cut stones. What is your budget?

kaitono

Rough_Rock
Looking at 0.8ct and budget is around $4500

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results