shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut 1.79

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bonnie

Rough_Rock
:confused:

Can you tell me if I have made a good purchase?

1.79 Princess Cut
Color: G
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 4.89
Depth %: 77
mearsurements: 6.61x6.30x4.89
Ratio: 1.049

Is this stone to deep. Am I paying for a stone that appears to be a 1.5?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Bonnie,

77% depth is a bit deep but not uncommon for princess. Yes you can find shallower 1.5crt stone that will have similar spread as your 1.79 one.

However, you also should consider other proportions and how the diamond looks (brilliance, scintillation, etc). Price is also an important factor :) There should be a difference in price per carat for the stone below and above 1.5 carat mark.

Besides total depth, spread (diameter) also depends on relationship between table, crown, pavilion and girdle. E.g. you can have different spread for the same carat weight and total depth if crown is too thick or to shallow or girdle is thick or thin.

):

Measurements: 6.81 x 6.81 x 4.94 mm
Table: 65%
Total Depth: 72.5%
Crown Angle: 33 degrees
Crown Height: 10.9%
Pavilion Angle: 40 degrees
Pavilion Depth: 59.3%
Girdle: Medium
Culet: Pointed [/u][/u]

Bonnie

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your response. I am going to be paying $7,000.00 for this stone. Is the diamond calcualtor something that anyone could use or is it a program that has to be purhcased?

Again thanks for your help...

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
for more info. It costs $140 for the last week. Next version will cost more - it'll allow to evaluate diamond performance (light return, leakage, contrast, etc) and import Sarin measurements for the real stones.[/u]

Bonnie

Rough_Rock
So in your estimation based on the diamond calculator should the stone I have a deposit on be graded differently? Or should I say is it way overpriced? I have done so much research my head hurts. I feel like no matter how much research I have done I didn't do enough.

Thanks for your response

buttercup

Rough_Rock
first of all, what's the table %? have you seen it with your own eyes? it is a sparkler?
it's not that the diamond shouldn't be graded differently, it is what it is.
i'd say pass on the stone only because why spend $7K on a stone that looks smaller than it is?
http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt4.htm
how about this one from usacerteddiamonds:
1.78 G SI2 75% 76% GIA med-sl gd vg no 6.76x6.61x4.96 $7075
also a 2B cut grade base on table and depth (like the one you listed), and a lot more diamond for your eyes to see!

Bonnie

Rough_Rock
I have seen the stone. It is very beautiful. I am wating for the certification from GIA. When I get that, I will be determing if it is worth it or not.

Thanks for the reply. I will keep that diamond in mind if this one does not work out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results