shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess center, round side stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I have a .338 WF ACA in a half bezel pendant that I love (see avatar) however, my skin is so sensitive that my collar bone keeps breaking out in eczema! So I can''t wear my necklace at all
39.gif

I want to turn my e-ring into a 3 stone at some point and I have a princess solitare e-ring. I was going to have a three stone princess ring but started thinking today that maybe my .338 would be a great side stone, get another one and turn my princess solitare into a 3 stone!

But I don''t think I''ve ever seen a 3 stone ring, princess center with round sidestones. Would it look odd?

Thanks!

Carrie

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carrie, I don''t think rounds are the best choice for sidestones for a princess, myself. What about getting a matching diamond and wear them as earrings? Are you allergic to white gold?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think someone just asked about this recently, or maybe it was a round center and princess sides, but i recall the pictures and ideas people were putting out there were visually pretty cool!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone on here does have a princess center stone with RB sides but can''t think who it is?? It turned out pretty cool, and they had reservations about doing it as well. Maybe someone will find the pic for you. It was a while ago, not too recent. Wish I could be of more help!!!
20.gif

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
february bride...

I just played around on BlueNile''s create-a-ring site to visualize your 3 stone ring idea. Here''s a picture with two round side stones (tcw = 0.70) and a 1 carat center princess. I know BlueNile isn''t the best vendor out there, but at least this gives you something to look at. Also, could you get into a BM store just to have them place a princess (not yours of course) in a typical 3 stone ring with round side stones?

I think it looks a little off, but that''s just my opinion : p

Also, what is your pendant made out of? White gold?

Hope everything goes well for you,

Aussiegirl : p

princess center.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone on here is getting that for his fiance. Looks fabulous. Irina photoshopped it. Let me see if I can find the thread...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/newbie-question-about-a-3-stone-ring.46692/=

There a few princess with round side rings on there... this is the one the gentleman decided on though. Irina photoshopped in a princess-- so it''s just to give you an idea of what it would look like with this type of setting.

OpenSettingPrin1.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Carrie,

I know that this look is not for everyone, but I happen to like a princess center with round sides [obviously
9.gif
]. I get a lot of complements on it because it is a different look and not the typical 3 stone look. If you do like this type of setting then I think using your .338 stone as one of the sides would be a great idea!

cmser26.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
When you hear "princess cut diamond with round side stones" it just doesn''t sound right, but Catmon''s ring is proof that it can indeed be an incredibly beautiful combination!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2006 11:08:07 PM
Author: Sundial
When you hear ''princess cut diamond with round side stones'' it just doesn''t sound right, but Catmon''s ring is proof that it can indeed be an incredibly beautiful combination!
Yes, I agree that it is much prettier than I was imagining!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sundial and Diamondseeker!

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Carrie,

I'm starting to like your idea more and more. In slight desperation to visualize this type of arrangement, I headed to BlueNile since I knew they had that sort of tool. Oh my goodness, bad idea! Someone warned me previously about their settings not being exactly great craftmanship, and wow, they were right.

Their setting made these stones look TERRIBLE, while CatMom's ring is STUNNING!

No strange gaps between stones, just a beautiful, fluid piece : )

Glad I saw the REAL THING as opposed to BlueNile's hack attempt (sorry BN, but seriously, the difference is huge)

So, I'd say awesome idea... you get to include both of your own stones in the new ring : )

Good luck,

Aussiegirl : p

Edited for GRAMMAR : p

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I personally prefer a 3 stone ring to have a different center stone shape from the side stones. I think it gives it more pop. Unless you can make sure there is a large enough difference in size between the 3 same-shape stones so they don''t all blend.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Ladies!! Catmom, I ADORE your ring! Gorgeous!

I''m going to think about this because I am such a matchy type person, that I''d hate to make a huge change and then dislike it. Also, I placed my .338 next to my 1.06 princess and the .338 almost looked too big to be a sidestone? I don''t want it to compete but compliment.

I''ll try and take a picture later of the two so you see what I mean!

Thanks again!

Carrie

bmathews

Rough_Rock
I was the one looking for the princess and round stones. I ended up not going with it because the round stones I had were fake
29.gif

anyhow I showed that picture to isaac of dimend scaasi (its his original design) and he was willing to make the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results