shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Beatrice’s Wedding Style

bcmacdonald

Staff member
PriceScopeKayti published a new blog post.
COVID-19 has had a detrimental effect on the wedding industry as many weddings that were originally scheduled for the first half of 2020 had to be canceled. Amidst the current global pandemic, many who were meant to tie the knot have either had to cancel or scale down their wedding in order to meet safety and...

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t care for it but I’m not the bride.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She must be close to her grandmother if she chose to wear her dress. That's a sweet, sentimental gesture.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I believe she used her Grandma's head piece. I don't really like the style of her dress, it reminds me of Russian girl in her peasant outfite. But I hope she got the dress she really wanted, and it is beautiful. Hairstyle is also not the best IMO, but of course, it was her choice. Beautiful couple! 1''''''''''''''.jpg 1'''''''''''''''.jpg

L

lydial

I absolutely love her dress. And the tiara. Can you imagine if the straps and cap sleeves came off for it to be strapless for their reception? It very well may have because the royals keep their reception photos private I think. She is wearing almost no jewelry either. She looks young, happy and beautiful to me.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's a link to the original dress. It looks quite nice.

I think it's the sleeves that bother me, but I know it was probably a church requirement.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you see footage of the Queen wearing the dress all the crystals sparkle like crazy
I think the whole thing was just beaitiful
OMG her flowers :kiss2:
I think Granny did her very best to try to make up for this stupid virus (and the bride's dad) for putting dampers on everything
I think she is my favourite modern royal bride

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I agree - I loved it. It’s not my personal style but she looks fantastic and I thought it was very appropriate (all things considered).

gatsby2017

Rough_Rock
3D13CD35-0F93-4F25-B55D-BB0BA37D0677.jpeg i love that it was a retrofitted dress that previously belonged to the queen

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
It looked lovely in the queen.
On Beatrice- not so much. I don't think it fit her well, nor do like the sleeves and bottom panel.
Her hair looked messy & she could have used some makeup.

Hopefully her life will be happy & that matters much more in the long run.

The dress would look nicer without the sleeves, in my opinion, just the straps were needed. I like the simple open hair, but how I wish she wore more jewelry! She’s a freaking princess, would it have killed her to wear a stunning diamond rivière for me to drool over ;)2:lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The dress would look nicer without the sleeves, in my opinion, just the straps were needed. I like the simple open hair, but how I wish she wore more jewelry! She’s a freaking princess, would it have killed her to wear a stunning diamond rivière for me to drool over ;)2:lol-2:

Jewlery yes !
I don't get the minimalist look one little bit
but the sleeves im pretty sure are a church of England requirement - same as a bride can't wear open toed sandles
in days gone by brides were a lot more modest than they seem to be today showing off their assets to all and sundry

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Idk... the more I look at it, I kinda like the sheer cap sleeves... very Disney princess. I support it!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the bottom had to be changed. The panel they added ruins the effect IMHO. I think it’s very sweet and sentimental she wore a dress of her grandmother. I agree about a necklace.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks beautiful and happy, and so does he ::)

Jewlery yes !
but the sleeves im pretty sure are a church of England requirement - same as a bride can't wear open toed sandles
in days gone by brides were a lot more modest than they seem to be today showing off their assets to all and sundry

You and I are in agreement here... I am probably the opposite of a minimalist (a maximalist?) when it comes to jewelry. I would prefer the bride to look like a Christmas tree rather than do the whole “one statement piece” thing, though this could be cultural... I feel like they’re not that showy in the UK.

The thing about the sleeves as a requirement of the church makes sense! Actually, I love a dress with sleeves, my ideal wedding dress would 100% have long sleeves.I just think these particular sleeves don’t look right with the dress, maybe because they’re extending from straps and not from a neckline and so look more like “later additions”.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Jewlery yes !

I definitely hear that but don't think they were done well.
My gown was initally sleeveless & low cut but it was modified to have long sleeves & a higher neckline. You could not tell at all that a thing was done to it. Really depends on how the work is done.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love the dress, even the sleeves! She looks young sweet & feminine. I think her hair does look messy though and she could have easily worn some dainty earrings or necklace to complete the overall look. :think:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't like sleeves myself
Ive frozen all winter because i just hate sleeves
But i do like how the sleeves have the same trim as the straps
To me the whole look is very romantically princessly

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I love it. She looks so pretty in it, altho i haven't seen this panel on the bottom yet. Really needed some earrings, maybe not a necklace if she wore better bracelets. That glittery dress and tiara, well you don't want too too much sparkle IMO. The dress almost looks pinkish in photos. Agreed, the hair needed work.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen Princess Beatrice wear some pretty unflattering outfits over the years so I was pleasantly surprised at her
choice (in the unfortunate time of covid). I find the dress very feminine and old-world princess-like. There is nothing
about it I really dislike. I'm not fond of that tiara but I do see how it matches the dress. I would have preferred a more
floral like tiara. Definitely could have gone for a delicate necklace and earrings.

They look happy and thats what matters!

I would still love to see the dress that she would have worn if covid hadnt hit. Not sure if there was a dress being designed
or what. I would have thought there was one in the making though.

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
Apparently her ears are not pierced and she does not usually wear earrings. The dress is too classic princess for my tastes, but she looks young and happy. I do like the raindrop feel of the beading on the skirt.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about Princess Beatrice’s wedding look and her intimate wedding ceremony. The dress, while not necessarily “2020 wedding style”, is beautiful and timeless. Beatrice and the Queen clearly have a very special bond as she used the queen’s dress and tiara. I think that it is just so special. I hope that we see similar and intimate royal wedding ceremonies in the future.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love everything about Princess Beatrice’s wedding look and her intimate wedding ceremony. The dress, while not necessarily “2020 wedding style”, is beautiful and timeless. Beatrice and the Queen clearly have a very special bond as she used the queen’s dress and tiara. I think that it is just so special. I hope that we see similar and intimate royal wedding ceremonies in the future.

Aa much as i was lookinh forward to her wedding like what her sister had that was becoming less and less likely
even though we never saw the ceremony she cheered me up emencely
I wonder if she will wear the original dress when they have the big party post covid ?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apart from the hairstyle being a tad too casual for such a grand tiara for my liking, otherwise she looked lovely.

However, an updo might not have been appropriate.

Perhaps a lesser tiara such as the Lotus Flower or the one that belongs to her mother might have been more fitting.

Personal opinion and all that.

DK :))

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's lovely!

With the rules currently in place was she permitted assistance dressing or a hair and make-up artist? Hair dressers were allowed back on the 13th July. Questions might come up at some point, especially if any royal ends up ill, and the royal family may need to have a good and suitable response to show how seriously they were taking the health of those around them and the country's Covid situation by setting a good example.

Beatrice went ahead anyway in a real make do and mend style - though she has access to quite the selection - and I think that's lovely! They look happy and now they're married. That's the important bit. Covid and all the delays really have brought the focus on the important parts of life.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I actually adore everything! I would even wear that dress on my wedding day!

It's all so ethereal and lovely but unfortunately she has very prominent eye sockets, and her features are closer together making her jaw look larger than it is and it makes every outfit look a bit "intense" if you will.

But, we all have so called flaws that make us special and different. Sometimes what we hate another envies....

Either way, I think she looked beautiful and I love her wedding dress& headpiece and omg her complexion was MADE for that color of cream.

Oh & to those who said she could use some makeup, she's definitely wearing foundation, eye shadow, mascara, highlight, bronzer, & lipstick. It's just well done, so it looks more natural :wink2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually adore everything! I would even wear that dress on my wedding day!

It's all so ethereal and lovely but unfortunately she has very prominent eye sockets, and her features are closer together making her jaw look larger than it is and it makes every outfit look a bit "intense" if you will.

But, we all have so called flaws that make us special and different. Sometimes what we hate another envies....

Either way, I think she looked beautiful and I love her wedding dress& headpiece and omg her complexion was MADE for that color of cream.

Oh & to those who said she could use some makeup, she's definitely wearing foundation, eye shadow, mascara, highlight, bronzer, & lipstick. It's just well done, so it looks more natural :wink2:

She has her father's eyes but also Queen Victoria's
Its very interesting looking at pictures of the royal family and see who looks like who
The Queen looks like her grandmother Queen Mary
Charlie looks like the Duke of Windsor but then his grandfather died at a much younger age than Charles is now
article-1222921-06F63F8F000005DC-641_634x355.jpg 54417124d4d7842ff92388f94650a78d.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the end of the day, she did it HER way, and she looked happy and content in all the limited photos released to the public.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results