shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess around 1.5 ..help me please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

madmax

Rough_Rock
Hi knowledgeable people - I just want a Princess cut diamond around 1.5 carats that looks very good to the naked eye. From what I know from shopping years ago; I’m thinking I'll want a G/H color and VS1??? I'm not looking for an investment, I'm looking for something that will look great on my girlfriends finger. I don't want to get ripped off either. What do you recommend? What other details should I look for? Like what's an ideal cut for a Princess diamond? I plan on getting a plain platinum band. As far as spending....6k to 8k. Preferable $7k or less. What do you think? Where should I shop. I'm not to far from Chicago. Thanks for any help!!!!!
Bob

Emrldforher

Rough_Rock
Madmax,Check out www.gemappraisers.com for some general guidelines on proportions for a well-cut princess. If you just want eye-clean (ie. Don't care if you can see inclusions with a loupe), you may be able to go to a VS2 or even SI1. It all depends on the diamond and who is grading it!I don't know if Moline, ILL is close to you, but that is where Iceman of Midwest Gems is located. He operates mainly by referral. His website is www.midwestgems.com. If he asks for a referral, you can throw in my username. I haven't purchased from him directly, but have chatted quite a bit with him on diamondtalk.Good luck.E

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results