shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vtkdw

Rough_Rock
I realize that personal preferences come into play when deciding the appropriate specs of a princess cut. However, does anyone have any advice on what they feel as the MOST important spec on a princess cut. Table? Depth? Color? Etc... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, anyone have comments on www.BlueNile.com or Mondera.com?

spectramr2

Rough_Rock
Blue nile is very high ranked but their prices show for it as well. I just purchased my princess cut diamond for my fiancee. 1.01 E VS1, pay attention to the table and crown %'s, i think that would be most important for me.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The overall weight correct size appearance is determined by not having an overly deep depth percentage. Most princess cut diamonds are cut too deep. This makes them cheap per carat, but not as large looking as they ought to be for a given weight. If you are hung up on a certain weight stone and have a tight budget, an overly deep princess may do the job, but if you are within your spending range, go for a diamond that is not deeper than it ought to be.

Sure, corwn height and table size are a component. Adequate crown height and small enough table size contribute to more dispersion. Many princess cuts lack this feature because of wide tables and shallow crowns.

Every trick a cutter can do to make a stone weight more has been tried and perfected with princess cuts. They are very tricky and hard to find in well cut examples. There are only a very few vendors presently selling nicely fashioned one.

barry

Shiny_Rock
Table and crown height are important; equally important
are the pavilion angle, crown angle, and triangle facet
angle. All blending together harmoniously
to give you a superior-looking Princess Cut.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And, Barry ought to know, because he is one of those few I mentioned.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results