shape
carat
color
clarity

Prince Cut diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
I've had my eye on this stone for quite some time and when I'm ready to get engaged, this will be the one. I was wondering though if anyone has suggestions for a setting? Obviously this particular stone is pretty original and I would like it to be the focal point of the ring. However, I don't want the ring to be boring either. I want to something elegant, not gaudy. Simple, but at the same time unique. I've gone through every page in the "show me the ring" section and so far this ring seems to peek my interest the most. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whiteflash-diamond-in-whitehouse-brothers-setting.26368/

Any thoughts on how to incorporate the originality of this ring (or something similar) with a Prince cut stone? If you think the two don't work at all, that's fine to, I'd rather know now. :) As a first time buyer, ideas and thoughts would certainly be appreciated. Thanks.

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Wow, 45 hits and no comments, did I post in the wrong forum or something? If I did please let me know and I''ll move it. Thanks.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Just out of interest...

What is a ''prince'' cut? I''ve never heard of it - do you have pictures?

That is a gorgeous ring you linked to - love the sapphire accents, and the arrows in that rb are to die for.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
The ring that you linked to is gorgeous! Perhaps if you post more info and a photo of the stone you are trying to find a setting for you get more responses. Your post is a little confusing (at least for me!)

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps you meant princess cut diamond? I googled prince cut and didn''t find much.

*M*

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/11/2007 4:58:00 PM
Author: pauly1
Wow, 45 hits and no comments, did I post in the wrong forum or something? If I did please let me know and I''ll move it. Thanks.
No nothing is wrong, just most people dont know what the prince cut is...
It is a patented Emerald Cut shape, it is build of modified step-cuts which gives it a different type of face-up appearance...
kind of like between the classic e/c and the elongated Crisscut...

I would think that a prince cut would go better with a contemporary setting than rather an ''vintage'' type of setting...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 5:42:13 PM
Author: DiaGem

Date: 1/11/2007 4:58:00 PM
Author: pauly1
No nothing is wrong, just most people dont know what the prince cut is...
It is a patented Emerald Cut shape, it is build of modified step-cuts which gives it a different type of face-up appearance...
kind of like between the classic e/c and the elongated Crisscut...

I would think that a prince cut would go better with a contemporary setting than rather an ''vintage'' type of setting...
Do you have a picture of one DiaGem, sounds like a pretty cut.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can find an image or the actual prince cut at Quadamas Inc. in the US.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! A new diamond shape to look at! Thanks!

*M*

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I also know that Fortunoff markets the Prince Cut, maybe thay will have it on their website...

I tried to upload a picture with no success, sorry...

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen a photo..... appear like a gussied up emerald cut stone with some extra facets but different than a radiant cut.

Rockdoc

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I''d never heard of the pince cut before, but they are lovely!

I don''t think it goes with that setting, however. I think clean lines would work better, something more simple. If you''re going to get a patented cut that is quite unique and eye-catching, better not to over shadow it.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I like that! I reckon it could be pretty successful in the future.

I quite like some of the less common cuts - always liked the flanders for example.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results