shape
carat
color
clarity

pricing question

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking at selling my 2.59ct H VVS2 RB diamond ex/vg/ex GIA certified. The insurance value is 48,795

what is the best way to sell a stone like this? What is a reasonable asking price? Should I sell it on loupe troupe or would I be better off consigning it?

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
image_435.jpg

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
image_436.jpg

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Bump up :) any advice?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're selling it 2nd hand you'll likely need to come down in price. Considering you can get a WF ACA for less than your 'insurance value', you'll need to lower your expectations a bit. Your first bet is probably looking at other comps - not ideal cuts like ACA but similar to your stone. Then price a bit lower than the average.

You'll make more $ through LT however it will probably take longer to sell. It can also be risky selling such a high value item.
If you consign, you'll have to do nothing, however they will take a cut of the earnings. You'll be removed from the process and likely safer from a monetary POV. Whichever is more important to you is the one you should go with.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can see what dealers are willing to pay for it via Pricescope's "sell your diamond" feature. You provide the specifics - it helps that you have a GIA certificate - and if any jewelers or others in the trade are interested, they'll send you an offer. https://www.pricescope.com/sell-your-diamond

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
I have no illusions that I'm going to get 48,000 dollars for the stone hahahahaa! I just don't know what the secondhand price of something like this is. I've contacted a few online jewlers that do consignment and so far I've been told, by one place, to go to a local store first. I'm thinking that selling it at a local BM store will bring me a lower price so I'm really not interested in going that route.

thanks VRBeauty! I just sent a request in :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results