shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing of Pink Rubies

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I bought a ring with a pair of pink rubies. I don't love the setting, but I am considering keeping the ring for the stones. The rubies are approximately .50 cts each.

What's a good source for pink ruby pricing? I know that the rubies are natural. I assume that they have been heated.

IMG_9251.jpeg

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
I love the ring! Can we see it on your hand?

I don't think I'd be much help in the way of pricing, but if you enjoy that sort of magenta-red coloring in a ruby, as many folks do, these are quite lovely!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aren't "pink rubies" actually classified sapphires?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Indoors the rubies look more red. Outdoors they look more pink. I have pink sapphires and these are definitely more red than my other stones. I don’t actually care if they are classified as one or the other. I just love the color of the pair.

Interestingly, this Ebay find was authenticated by GIA. Advertised as rubies, verified as rubies.

Indoors the rubies look more red. Outdoors they look more pink. I have pink sapphires and these are definitely more red than my other stones. I don’t actually care if they are classified as one or the other. I just love the color of the pair.

Interestingly, this Ebay find was authenticated by GIA. Advertised as rubies, verified as rubies.

I meant to say "I would definitely say these are rubies!" Not "wouldn't!!"

Aren't "pink rubies" actually classified sapphires?

*Correcting my prior post, since I said the exact opposite of what I meant!*
gaah.gif

That's a good question. There is some subjectivity involved, of course, as to where a pink sapphire ends and ruby begins. I'm sure the major labs have a much more scientific method for delineating between the two, but for me, I just know it when I see it. And I would definitely say these are rubies. They just have a strong pink/purple modifier.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock

Then they are rubies. I remember GIA authenticity guaranteed team emailing me once because they found a drop of palladium in a prong for some earrings advertised as platinum and they wanted to know if I still want them. They are obsessively accurate in their checks.
I really like the rubies' color. My favorite are those with a tinge of purple, leaning cool pink, because of my skin undertones. Imo, pink is a more flattering color for a lot of people, red is more difficult to pull off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results