shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing expertise wanted on 1.47 AGS0 D SI1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blessed

Rough_Rock
Could I get a realistic price range (I've already checked out price stats) for this diamond:

1.47 D SI1 AGS0/certfied, unbranded but true (according to appraiser), hearts and arrows. Measures 7.39 x 7.41 x 4.46
Table: 56
Depth: 60.4
Pav Angle: 40.8
Pav Depth: 43.1
Crown Angle: 34.0
Crown Height: 14.9
Girdle: .7-.9, faceted
Symmetry/Polish Ideal
pointed culet/no flouresence
Scores .9 TIC on Cut Analysis

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ignore that sleezy idiot.

You will never find an AGS 000 just under 1.5ct for that price.

You can search for 1.5ct stones on the front page in search by cut quality and they will cost more than the stone just under 1.5ct.

1.47ct is rare in a fine cut like the one you quoted.
The vendor probably will get 10% less than the same 1.5ct stone.

Blessed

Rough_Rock
O.K. I've ignored...I've also taken your advice, found 1.5 AGS000 stones with colors E/F (didn't find D) and subtracted 10%, coming up with a range of $9,500-$10,000. Is that a realistic range? (That's a whole lot higher than that first figure of $7500...but we've ignored that..)
Thanks for a quick response! Blessings!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sounds reasonable.
You can compare it to the poorly cut stones in the 1.40 to 1.49 ct range in the normal section where you will find goods at probably 30% less. That would represent the premium for excellent cut.
Then if you are dealing with a stone somene owns in a B&M, and you like dealing with them then, then they will have higher costs that might make the stone 10-20% or more too.

Then it is your call
1.gif

Blessed

Rough_Rock
Thank you Cut Nut for the numbers and percents. The + 30% figure on poorly cut stones came out with a higher range of $10,400 and up. In any case, I believe I should be satisfied with what I paid. Just under $6000/ct. Thank you for your time! Blessings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results