shape
carat
color
clarity

pricing custom ring settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
So after months of searching for the perfect setting, I am designing ring #2 with a local jeweler. They ''get'' what I am looking for, and do quality work. But how do I price settings-the ring I am designing, is coming in about 25% higher than what I wanted, and has about 2 carats of diamonds.

What and how do I determine if this is a good price? Is there a way to take the info on many small stones and figure out a carat weight? The next step is to make a wax, so can I assume at this point I should have a cad drawing to look at, vs just a sketch? Should I ask for a breakdown in price for materials, labor etc? I am only asking, becuase I am not sure of the process, not because I feel there are trust issues.....

The last jeweler I worked with knew my budget and just produced a wax that was magically at the right price, however, he was totally overcharging me for the center stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results