shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricess cut Ideal0 but

sandy653

Rough_Rock
Does anyone see any problems with the numbers on this Princess cut?

I ask because the table is so small and far outside the "Ideal" parameters in the knowledge area, but AGS does have it as a Ideal0

Carat weight:0.59
Cut: Very Good
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Depth %:75.0%
Table %:59.6%
Polish:Ideal
Symmetry:Ideal
Girdle:Slightly Thick to Thick
Culet:None
Fluorescence:None
Measurements:4.63 x 4.59 x 3.44 mm

Legth/width ratio:1.01

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post a picture or ASET image?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love smaller tables on princess cut stones...solasfera (branded cut) usually have small tables and they are gorgeous.
I will link you to some so you can see what smaller tables look like.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7370/

GOG sig princess...look at the B&W to see the look of the smaller table (54%)
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7638/
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7995/ (50%) table

Why dont you use a vendor that has pictures of their stones? Fancy cuts are hard to pick without images however,
AGS0 will at least tell you that it will be a bright stone.

Have you tried looking at Whiteflash, James Allen, BGD or GOG?

Here is an artical on AGS0 princess cuts...
https://www.pricescope.com/journal/cutting_ags0princess_experience_lab

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Always trust a reputable lab's cut grade over a vendor's cut grade. Blue Nile does not have the stone in house to view and assigns cut grades solely based on proportions (except for their signature ideals). AGS has assigned the stone an ideal cut grade based on a human and computer assessment of light performance. As far as fancy cuts are concerned, you can pretty much throw numbers and vendor cut grades out the window unless the vendor has called in the stone and had a gemologist look at it (for example, James Allen can do this, but I'm not sure if Blue Nile will). BN has a good return policy, so if you like that princess and it's a good price, you could buy it and inspect it yourself. There is some variation within AGS0 princesses, but on the whole, they're beautiful stones with great light performance, and I don't see any big red flags in the numbers. About 75% depth and small tables are quite common in AGS0 princesses (and in fact one of the things you want to look for in the numbers is a table smaller than the depth).

slg47

Ideal_Rock
jstarfireb|1315581759|3013583 said:
Always trust a reputable lab's cut grade over a vendor's cut grade. Blue Nile does not have the stone in house to view and assigns cut grades solely based on proportions (except for their signature ideals). AGS has assigned the stone an ideal cut grade based on a human and computer assessment of light performance. As far as fancy cuts are concerned, you can pretty much throw numbers and vendor cut grades out the window unless the vendor has called in the stone and had a gemologist look at it (for example, James Allen can do this, but I'm not sure if Blue Nile will). BN has a good return policy, so if you like that princess and it's a good price, you could buy it and inspect it yourself. There is some variation within AGS0 princesses, but on the whole, they're beautiful stones with great light performance, and I don't see any big red flags in the numbers. About 75% depth and small tables are quite common in AGS0 princesses (and in fact one of the things you want to look for in the numbers is a table smaller than the depth).

+1 to the above.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The table is not too small. It might be a very pretty stone, esp for the price.

sandy653

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the great links TyTy.

I have looked at all of those sites, but I must have been doing something wrong as I was having a heck of a time finding any AGS certs on small princesses. Will keep looking.

sandy653

Rough_Rock
jstarfireb|1315581759|3013583 said:

Great response starfireb, very helpful in understanding the smaller table. I wonder if they should redo the knowledge page on here about fancy cuts/princess cuts.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Good point, and thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results