color
clarity

Announcement PriceScope Update June 6th 2021

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hello PriceScopers!

Today we have made the update to the rest of the forum platform to align with the look and feel of the changes we made on March 1st. We are very excited as this has taken some time.

We hope everyone will enjoy the new and improved PriceScope!

Andrey & The PriceScope Team

Kudos on the transformation, it looks great! Was just commenting to ask if it’s possible to get the quick links to alerts back in the top bar for mobile? with the new redesign if you’re on a mobile browser page you can’t see your alerts until you click on the burger menu. It’s not an issue on laptop, but because of mobile responsive design it’s difficult to use on the phone.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kudos on the transformation, it looks great! Was just commenting to ask if it’s possible to get the quick links to alerts back in the top bar for mobile? with the new redesign if you’re on a mobile browser page you can’t see your alerts until you click on the burger menu. It’s not an issue on laptop, but because of mobile responsive design it’s difficult to use on the phone.

Came to say the same thing

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it. :dance:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andrey,

Meant to shoot you an email, but got tied up. This has been driving me nuts for awhile, even with the old skin.

When I edit posts on mobile, something weird happens. I start a new paragraph and hit the return key and it sometimes deletes part of my prior paragraph. I'm not sure how to screen cap it. It doesn't happen with every post, but frequently enough I am very careful with it and it normally gets me at least once daily.

Both my Apple & Android mobile phones seems to have the same issue. No issues on either my Mac or Windows based laptops & desktops.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Sledge,

We will give it a look and see if it can easily be reproduced.

What browser do you use?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sledge,

We will give it a look and see if it can easily be reproduced.

What browser do you use?

On my iPhone, mainly Safari and Chrome. Lately, more Chrome for PS as load times seem a little faster for me than with Safari. Sometimes they are still slow. :(

On the Android, DuckDuckGo private browser and sometimes Chrome.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've already noticed that sometimes the forum pages have different widths for me. Like the text boxes where we all have made our posts? On some threads they're narrower and on others they're wider and I can't figure out why. Maybe there is some reason I'm missing??? I definitely like it more when they're wider because then the pictures are bigger.

Andrey,

Meant to shoot you an email, but got tied up. This has been driving me nuts for awhile, even with the old skin.

When I edit posts on mobile, something weird happens. I start a new paragraph and hit the return key and it sometimes deletes part of my prior paragraph. I'm not sure how to screen cap it. It doesn't happen with every post, but frequently enough I am very careful with it and it normally gets me at least once daily.

Both my Apple & Android mobile phones seems to have the same issue. No issues on either my Mac or Windows based laptops & desktops.

Omg this happens to me too! I thought I was the only one - on safari and chrome on iPhone.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great. Thank you for doing this. I can’t find my watched threads anymore. I believe this happened with a previous update too. I’d be very grateful if it was reinstated.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I've already noticed that sometimes the forum pages have different widths for me. Like the text boxes where we all have made our posts? On some threads they're narrower and on others they're wider and I can't figure out why. Maybe there is some reason I'm missing??? I definitely like it more when they're wider because then the pictures are bigger.

This should be fixed now.

Let me know if you still see it happen again.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Looks great. Thank you for doing this. I can’t find my watched threads anymore. I believe this happened with a previous update too. I’d be very grateful if it was reinstated.

Looking into it.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I missing the location to search PS for old threads, users, etc?

ETA viewing on iPhone via google app.

I have also reported to Andrey via email.

Only temporary workaround I’ve found is find an existing post I’ve created, click on my name, and then click messages. It presents you with a screen results page like below. If you notice Search (that I’ve highlighted) looks like a hyperlink. Clicking on it takes you to a page where you can search the forum.

D49083F5-30F4-4094-9C29-9ECD627D86F4.jpeg

If you want to go outside PS to search you can use Google, type in your keywords followed with site:pricescope.com and it will limit results to the PS site. This is a universal thing that works for any website using Google search.

Last edited:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was also an email I had for you Andrey. Aesthetics. Layout and/or spacing of avatar, name & badges needs adjusted.

Also, did we ever get the badges updated with a new look to match the skin update?

08DB22D4-528F-4700-9B5B-913351B18897.jpeg

WDWDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Noticed this the other day too and never got emailed.

I have also reported to Andrey via email.

Only temporary workaround I’ve found is find an existing post I’ve created, click on my name, and then click messages. It presents you with a screen results page like below. If you notice Search (that I’ve highlighted) looks like a hyperlink. Clicking on it takes you to a page where you can search the forum.

D49083F5-30F4-4094-9C29-9ECD627D86F4.jpeg

If you want to go outside PS to search you can use Google, type in your keywords followed with site:pricescope.com and it will limit results to the PS site. This is a universal thing that works for any website using Google search.

As always, thanks for the help. Appreciate the work around.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Arghh the badges update fell through the cracks.

Time to get some designs worked up for that. :)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I can’t actually find the Search function on mobile for the forum...is anyone else having this issue? It’s a big one for me!

I actually like the hamburger menu.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t actually find the Search function on mobile for the forum...is anyone else having this issue? It’s a big one for me!

I actually like the hamburger menu.

See posts #17 & 21. Missing but being worked on.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the new look, but I cannot find Pricescope Cafe, with the sub thread "Preloved".
(@Mreader, I'm having the same problem)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@stracci2000 on the desktop you go to Hangout then you have to click Hangout and you get Cafe...it's a bit clunky. Idk yet with the phone. Kinks will probably have to be worked out :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep @stracci2000 and @Mreader ...seems very clunky way to have to get there. Why cant the Pre-Loved forum show up in the
pull-down menu if you are logged in (and not show up if you are not logged in).

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep @stracci2000 and @Mreader ...seems very clunky way to have to get there. Why cant the Pre-Loved forum show up in the
pull-down menu if you are logged in (and not show up if you are not logged in).

@tyty333 @Mreader
I'm using my phone right now, and Pricescope Cafe is not on the forum list when viewing PS on a smartphone.
I haven't seen the desktop version yet.
Edit......OK, I just found it!
I'm good now.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
From the phone you have to click hang out. Then you were in a hang out and on the top left you see PriceScope café. From there you can see preloved. So yeah not a great way to access it. And it should be really accessible because so many of us like to sell and buy things there. Even in the old section it didn’t have it’s own category you had to go to Café in order to see it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results