shape
carat
color
clarity

pricescope ''search by quality''

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Dr. Z.........completely on the mark. I wholeheartedly agree.

In the many months that I've participated here, what I've learned is that the participants on here are fairly astute at separating the wheat from the chaff. They can discern the difference between a person posting about an unsatisfactory experience and someone who's just bashing a vendor without basis. Conversely, they can also discern between someone who's giving a well-earned testimonial and someone's who's simply "padding" or being promotional.

Personally, I think it's a mistake for any vendor to exert pressure to remove posts they disagree with. As Dr. Z mentioned, it would rip at the very integrity of this site. Second, as a consumer, I realize that no vendor is going to please everyone all of the time, so I'm even more interested in how they respond when someone has an issue.

I frankly believe the vendor's response in such instances does more to help him or hurt him than the initial post itself. Over time, I've come to have great regard for a few vendors that I feel present themselves very professionally in these situations. Similarly, I've identified those who I am unlikely to do business with because I am turned off by their lack of professionalism. A vendor can have the greatest product in the world, but if he cannot conduct himself professionally, I still don't want to do business with him.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
We are on the same page guys and thank you for your support.

DoctorZ:
----------------
Leonid, the minute you start altering others' posts, is the minute that you open the floodgates....your forum would not be a reflection of public opinion. The forum would lose ALL credibility. If you did not succumb to the pressure, I commend you on keeping it REAL!!!
----------------
Agreed. IMO only posts that are against the forum policies should be censured.

Aljdewey:
----------------
I frankly believe the vendor's response in such instances does more to help him or hurt him than the initial post itself.
----------------
Exactly my thoughts. Sometimes unsatisfied customer can go over the board with negative reaction. However, in most cases other forum members (both consumers and vendors) stepped in to restore fairness. I these situations initially negative post can be turned 180° if criticized vendor handles the situation correctly.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I frankly believe the vendor's response in such instances does more to help him or hurt him than the initial post itself. Over time, I've come to have great regard for a few vendors that I feel present themselves very professionally in these situations.

I completely agree. Nothing shows a vendor's true colors like a dispute. Those who have conducted themselves like gentlemen gain my respect--even when the problem clearly stemmed from the jeweler. I've never crossed off a jeweler from my list for professionally handling an honest mistake, but I have many times for being aggressive and rude.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 8/7/2003 4
6.gif
6.gif
3 AM DoctorZ wrote:

"It is of utmost importance that forums such as these remain as independent as possible. If a vendor asked a particular member to edit THEIR post, that would be one thing. But editing OTHERS' posts is simply WRONG."

Barry and I do not have a friendly relationship, but I feel it is only fair to share one incident in which (I feel) he conducted himself well and in accordance with the principles espoused by DrZ above.

There was a dispute on Diamond Talk. I said some negative things about Barry. They were not defamatory so much as emotional. I expressed personal *feelings* I had about him in intemperate terms. There were clearly no grounds for him to take any legal action against me. One is allowed to say, "I love so and so" or "I hate so and so".

In this incident Barry sent me a private message and politely asked me to change my wording.

I replied that I did not like censorship, but that I felt his request was reasonable.

I was, after all, able to express the same ideas without intemperance.

In that situation I feel Barry conducted himself very professionally. I have no way of knowing whether it was true, but Gilbert (when I asked him about it) told me Barry had not asked *him* to send me a message but had written to me on his own.

I have not liked some things I have heard and seen Barry do with the marketing of his stones, but there is some bad in the best of us and some good in the worst of us and I feel I would be remiss in not reporting an incident in which (I feel) Barry behaved very well.

read.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I rank Professional Conduct highly when deciding who to work with. When things get censored we don't always get the full picture now, do we?

Leonid, thanks for running a clean and honest place that we can come and get info from. Sometimes it takes all sides, the good, the bad, the ugly to make a wise decision.

AGBF, I respect your decision to post your experience. Information is good.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
barry bought me a jamocha shake at Arby's a while back and I've been indebted to him ever since.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 8/7/2003 4:20
6.gif
1 PM Rank Amateur wrote:

"barry bought me a jamocha shake at Arby's a while back and I've been indebted to him ever since."

Very funny. I think your daughter needs a diaper change and it's your turn.

read.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree 110% aldjeway. One reason why we're not on the diamondtalk forum is because posts of ours (like myself, niceice, etc.) were not just edited but REMOVED from the forum by heavy pressure from advertisers wanting to censor us. Leonid lets the chips fall where they may. No editing, no removing ... just moved to the appropriate section giving the people here the right to post all their experiences both positive and negative.

Rhino

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 8/7/2003 11:29
6.gif
8 PM Rhino wrote:

"One reason why we're not on the diamondtalk forum is because posts of ours (like myself, niceice, etc.) were not just edited but REMOVED from the forum by heavy pressure from advertisers wanting to censor us."

Say it ain't so, Jonathan! Do you mean my good friend Barry may have been behind my being kicked off Diamond Talk (my name never again to be mentioned there)?

Your friend,

MasAsHell

aka

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think so AGBF. Some of us were remove due to our deviant personalities.
1.gif

And HEY. With two in diapers (for the second time) I cetainly do my share of changing!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm how did I miss this thread?
2.gif

I too commend Leonid for sticking by his guns when the going got tough....the disclaimers on this site about others postings should be self-explanatory...good and bad opinions are what make this forum independent and it should definitely be kept it that way.

'You are responsible for your own posts and agree not to hold Pricescope liable for any messages posted.'

1.gif

gemexplorer

Rough_Rock
It is nice that your company who has the good and solid inventory of good gems and good diamonds. But in today's Internet commerce and the share of the information - I see nothing wrong that sellers who can offer gems and diamonds from the others - provided the goods and the certs or the "paper works" are all accurate.

I hope you are not saying that the folks with the least amount of inventory of diamonds are less sophisticated or "less" by whatever means.

In the gem world is almost like all others, we have inventory but never the amount of goods and inventory that we have will suit all customers. Thus the convenience of the price list, the forum like here and even folks like yourself with the richest inventory can facilitate all ofus to make better purchase and if we have a good rapport and the wealth, we can even stock up with good suppliers.

But it is absolutely not fair to say that just because we use the venedor's list or computerized inventory list is less "kosher" than those who are like Debeers. As a matter of fact, DeBeers is selling now retail in UK .. Am I right ?

Thank you for sharing.

gemexplorer

Rough_Rock
Lenonid, in reading your posting in here - you have given me much assurance that in today's business climate - all of us, big or small should have much the same say in matters of business. That is why I see your Forum will surpass in what Gemkey tried to do and failed.

They tried to conceal the squabbles, the accusations - I think the forumites in here should have to abide by some etiquette. But I value the kind of open comments you have in here and no one can play any upper role than other.

If we have such transparency - this trade will spring forward. Otherwise, it goes back to the old and ugly of game of "manipulation" and who is dining with who in some dark corner someplace.

Long live the open trade and the open policy for all to see and share!

gemexplorer

Rough_Rock
How can anyone do any business under constant threat ? I for one hate any bullies. Leonid, I am not siding with you (or not just as yet ) But I salute your moral courage to stand up in what you believe and act on it.

gemexplorer

Rough_Rock
Absolutely not ! I think here up front or from anywhere else - this kind of squabble also shows the courage where Lenoid had let the Forum see and judge of the PS stance. It is what the future business and online business. This had just shown you how ugly in the old way of doing business in gems and in diamonds. Many had yet move forward from their days of the "Ali Babas"
1.gif
Let it all be shown - This is not gossip. This is no ambusman but a true case to see dispute be shown.

This trade has all the power and lure - and yet lack the real kind of sophistication to move this business in to a more transparent future. Remove those impediments!!!!

gemexplorer

Rough_Rock
Dear Sir/or madam,

You have said it all . If this forum can really be the forum to foster the trade and let the forumite be the judge of characters of all . This has an immense benefit to all those in the trade and for those new comers or consumer to see "what" is "what" in this business - Is it deception ? or is this for real ? I love your post in here. And the future of any business if being done this way .. Could Enron had their employees rapaed ? Never !!!! Salute to this forum and I hope it keeps its forum open .. unlike the old Gemkey, where they had the good format and yet they have fallen to the fear of the big guns -- So, let little potatoe see how the big boys behave also
1.gif
If you believe in cyberspace "Democracy"

"Bring them on" It is far more appropriate in here then in Iraq
1.gif
lol
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results