shape
carat
color
clarity

pricescope ''search by quality''

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PoopEater

Rough_Rock
What happened to the ''search by quality'' feature of this website? It seems that the only vendors it returns are goodoldgold, whiteflash, and niceice. The search doesn''t even return any superbcert diamonds anymore. Was there a falling out or something that I missed?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, PoopEater. Superbcert is not and won't be advertized on Pricescope.

There are some 50 diamonds also from DirtCheapDiamonds though.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/5/2003 1:25:49 PM leonid wrote:

Sorry, PoopEater. Superbcert is not and won't be advertized on Pricescope.

There are some 50 diamonds also from DirtCheapDiamonds though.
----------------

Leonid, why is that? (about superbcert)

PoopEater

Rough_Rock
bump...why did superbcert get taken off?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-search-with-known-crown-and-pav-angles.7907/

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Leonid, but that thread doesn't quite fill in the blanks.

Your post in that thread implies that you wouldn't allow SuperbCert to list stones even if willing to pay the advertising. You mention it's your choice that they never will.

Can you share why?

DoctorZ

Rough_Rock
I was wondering this too. I would be interested in an explanation. I take it that this website is the closest thing that consumers have to an independent source of information. It would be nice to know if a particular vendor was being 'banned' for whatever reason.

Maybe Barry of Superbcert has his own explanation?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
One of the reasons that only diamonds listed by ourselves and GOG and WF appear on the "search by quality" option is because the three of us are amongst the very few vendors who actually have the diamonds on-hand which we advertise for sale... Thus we are able to provide the crown and pavilion angle measurements which are required for the search by quality option... Most and we do mean "practically all" of the internet diamond dealers only list partial information for the diamonds that they register for sale because they don't actually have them in-stock and in most cases they will never actually see the diamonds that they sell, they merely duplicate the inventory lists provided by their suppliers and have the diamonds drop shipped to their customers after processing the payment... We can't sleep at night selling diamonds that way, we like to see what our name is going on to ensure our clients of the highest quality. We can't speak for WF because we haven't talked to them in awhile, but we know that Jonathan at GOG feels the same way we do about the importance of personally evaluating a diamond before offering it for sale.

DoctorZ

Rough_Rock
So does SuperbCert have possession of the diamonds that they sell on the website?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/6/2003 1
6.gif
5:41 AM DoctorZ wrote:

So does SuperbCert have possession of the diamonds that they sell on the website?

----------------
As far as we know, but we didn't address SC's inventory practices because for whatever reason their diamonds don't appear in the "search by quality" option here on PS.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can share a little about the search by quality because I am financially involved in the very small monthly fee we charge dealers for stone listings (the search is based on HCA).

The background to the story goes back a ways.

Some of you junkies probably know that SC ran HCA on their stones as a service I provided for a couple of hundred a month.

There were instances where there were glitches and Barry accused Leonid (who did the programming) of stuffing up.

Each time it was the source of data, which is beyond Leonid's comtrol.

Both Leonid and I found it rather difficult to deal with Barry. A simple exchange or negotiation entailed many emails. That might be OK for Barry, and lots of other people, but Leonid and I have day jobs and for the amount of money involved we were not prepared to be involved in what Barry might have thought it was a fair and regular negociation. He probably (quite reasonably) thought we were bluffing. We were not.

I hope there are no hard feelings, as neither Leonid nor I ever got our pulse rates above 72. But it was just all a little too hard.

I hope that clears the air a little. As you all know we wish to continue the openness and honesty of Pricescope.

barry

Shiny_Rock
Gary;

I have to laugh at your selective recall of very recent events,and your attempt to publicly tar us on this forum.

The FACT of the matter, ladies and gentlemen, is that
Gary and I (SuperbCert,TM)corresponded directly via e-mail
a little over a month ago, over a few hours on a Saturday night,and arrived at an agreed advertising price for SuperbCert to list our in-house inventory on the 'Cut by Quality' Page. Yes, there was a little bit of "hondling" and banter between us, but by the standards of our diamond trade, it was absolutely nothing, nada, ningun. In the end, you did get the price you were happy with. Considering your many years and experience
as a diamantaire, Gary, there is absolutely no issue
for you to make here at our expense.

And what is this booblegock about your busy schedule, having a 'day job' and no "time" to negotiate??? This was a SATURDAY night,for heaven's sake, and you were en route home from your very relaxing vacation in Italy!

Upon our concluding Mazal's to seal the deal, I asked you to please have Leonid contact our web-team and
initiate contact to set-up the data feed, at which point,
we would immediately bank-wire the agreed upon funds
directly into your Malaysian Account. Entirely reasonable. You adamantly insisted that we FIRST deposit the funds into your account. That was the last we heard from you until this, your very unprofessional public posting.
To reiterate my email, our door is always open on our Mazal. If you want to conclude this deal, it is very easy
to do so.

To Robin & Todd Gray of Niceice:

You know very, very well that we at SuperbCert
physically possess EVERY DIAMOND listed on our website.
As a matter of fact, you have mentioned us specifically to consumers on this forum many, many times, together with
yourselves, WF, and GOG as vendors who physically possess
our merchandise as opposed to "drop-shippers" who
never "see" the goods and can thereby not properly advise their clients.

We therefore do not appreciate your 'Public Service
Announcement' (Post # 513) made at our expense.
nono.gif

Barry
www.superbcert.com

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree we disagree on the events Barry.
Call it different opinions or cultural perspectives or whatever.
I like what I do and the money it gets me, but have never enjoyed getting money for its own sake. I too can drive a hard bargain with suppliers, but we always seem to leave the desk and enjoy ourselves at the dinner table
1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
The real reason why will not do business with Superbcert is that Barry had threatened me with law actions if I would not delete posts that he didn't like.

For the record, none of pricescope advertisers ever asked me to remove any negative posts about them from the forum.

Thank you, Garry, you were very polite as always
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Leonid and Garry, thanks to both of you for your candor on this issue. I appreciate hearing directly from the source.....it's far more reliable and dependable than innuendo.

Barry, thank you too for your post. With every one of your posts, I get a clearer insight into the way SuperbCert conducts business, and that information is helpful in choosing whom I'd prefer to do business with.

Thanks again to all.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/6/2003 11:57:12 AM leonid wrote:
The real reason why will not do business with Superbcert is that Barry had threatened me with law actions if I would not delete posts that he didn't like.

For the record, none of pricescope advertisers ever asked me to remove any negative posts about them from the forum.

----------------
If this is true, I find it depressing. Only defamatory posts (i.e., false and damaging statements of fact) should be a problem, not just negative opinion.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
----------------

If this is true, I find it depressing. Only defamatory posts (i.e., false and damaging statements of fact) should be a problem, not just negative opinion.
----------------
[/quote]

But, what if said opinion is not based on any facts of business dealings. What if said "opinion" is held in question & subsequently the poster decides to up the inuendo anty? Then, decides to creat a new identity to bring the point home in a separate thread. The whole thing reeks of a witch hunt.

Sorry, this is JMHO.

smaggard

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 8/6/2003 4
6.gif
6.gif
1 PM fire&ice wrote:

----------------

But, what if said opinion is not based on any facts of business dealings. What if said "opinion" is held in question & subsequently the poster decides to up the inuendo anty? Then, decides to creat a new identity to bring the point home in a separate thread. The whole thing reeks of a witch hunt.

Sorry, this is JMHO.

----------------

I have to agree about the witch hunt. Especially because we have no idea what posts it is etc. I remember one poster posting "BEWARE SUPERBCERT" all because he took his stone to some loser who didn't know how to use a microscope saying it wasn't inscribed!! I can see the inscription with a loupe!!! So if it was something stupid and false and accusatory, then I would be mad too, especially if it wasn't removed...but oh well.
9.gif
10.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Guys, the point is not whether the posts were fair or not but the way Barry decided to handle the situation threatening me with legal actions. That's why I decided for myself not to do any business with him. It is merely my personal decision.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/6/2003 4:30
6.gif
4 PM leonid wrote:

Guys, the point is not whether the posts were fair or not but the way Barry decided to handle the situation threatening me with legal actions. That's why I decided for myself not to do any business with him. It is merely my personal decision.
----------------

And one I respect.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/6/2003 4
6.gif
6.gif
1 PM fire&ice wrote:

---------------

Without giving a dissertation on libel, "innuendo" can be defamatory if it implies knowledge of facts that would support a false accusation. It all depends on what is being asserted and whether it's subject to being proven or disproven. Saying "beware of vendor X" can be defamatory if it's made in such a way as to falsely imply that the speaker has personal knowledge of damaging facts, even if these facts are not stated.

Edited to add: I stayed away from the discussion at issue, so I'm not offering an opinion on whether any of the posts were defamatory. Just a general opinion here.
9.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 8/6/2003 4:55:18 PM LawGem wrote:

Edited to add: I stayed away from the discussion at issue, so I'm not offering an opinion on whether any of the posts were defamatory. Just a general opinion here.
9.gif

----------------

still i find your point of view interesting, since it comes from a law background.

these are just some sad turn of events between PS and SC. in the end of this "he said, she said" arguments, it's yet another issue that probably got blown waaaay out of proportion. i know i sound like a tree-hugger right now but in the those immortal words, "can't we all just get along?"
naughty.gif

Smooth

Rough_Rock
69gm, I agree with you. It's unfortunate that several otherwise well-regarded vendors are excluded from PriceScope due to some personal/professional differences.

Oh well.
sad.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Interesting thread. As much as I love behind-the-scenes gossip, though, shouldn't this thread be moved to the Steam Room?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Hest88 wrote:

Interesting thread. As much as I love behind-the-scenes gossip, though, shouldn't this thread be moved to the Steam Room?
----------------
"Diamond Hangout" looks more appropriate
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 8/6/2003 7:48:10 PM leonid wrote:

"'Diamond Hangout' looks more appropriate
1.gif
"

Good. If all threads with information are put in the steamroom the visible part of this site will just be fluff :).

read.gif

DoctorZ

Rough_Rock
So, Leonid, you were threatened with legal action if you did not remove your OWN posts? Or the posts of other members? I think there is a big difference.

DoctorZ

Rough_Rock
It is of utmost importance that forums such as these remain as independent as possible. If a vendor asked a particular member to edit THEIR post, that would be one thing. But editing OTHERS' posts is simply WRONG.

If this place is truly open to the public to express opinions and seek information, then we need to prepare for all comments: good, bad, true or false. False statements that are designed to hurt the reputations of others is a terrible adverse effect of the candid and anonymous nature of these forums. But I see it as a necessary evil. It's a small price to pay.

The fact is that a company with an excellent reputation benefits a great deal from the honest, unedited nature of message boards such as these. I don't know for sure, but I am guessing that message boards such as PS helped to put some vendors on the map when it comes to purchasing diamonds online. In the short time that I have been on PS, the great majority of the comments made about the diamond shopping experience has been that of tremendous praise. I think that everyone agrees that companies with good reputations tend to have posts with good comments. It's the mix of positive and negative comments, however, that provide the validity of this forum. In other words, the negative comments actually give strength to the positive ones.

In a just a couple of weeks, I did a complete 180. At first, I was completely against purchasing over the internet. Now, I am completely for it. Why the change? Because what I see here is a public forum with a lot of opinions coming from everyone...consumer, vendor, appraiser. I see a way for the consumers to openly communicate with each other on their experiences with particular vendors and appraisers, good or bad. Most of all, I see it as an independent source of information.

Leonid, the minute you start altering others' posts, is the minute that you open the floodgates....your forum would not be a reflection of public opinion. The forum would lose ALL creditbility. If you did not succumb to the pressure, I commend you on keeping it REAL!!!

69gm

Shiny_Rock
right on dr. z!

leonid, keep on keeping on.

barry, hope you and PS can walk hand-in-hand again since i know you offer rockin'...err...rocks! you also give good advice/opinions here on the forum.

but, ooooo, the steam room sounds goooooddd...
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results