shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricescope prices VS Credit Card VS Wire Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

srbr

Rough_Rock
I am so confused. I don''t want to rip on any vendors, I have spoken with two different vendors so far that are recommened on Pricescope and I don''t understand pricing. When you do a Pricescope search and see the price of diamond, and then you go on that vendor''s web site - you will usually see the price is a little higher on the vendor''s web site. So, I call that vendor who says the price on Pricescope is the Wire Transfer (cash) price and that what they have on their web site is the Credit Card Price. The vendor also says the credit card price is about 2% more than the Wire Transfer price. But, the difference between the Pricescope price and the vendor''s web site price is not 2%. So, I called a second vendor and the quoted me a price on a diamond not listed in the Pricescope search. The price the 2nd vendor quoted me was the credit card price, but they would give me a 2% discount for wire transfer. Am I the only one confused here? Does anyone have any input on this subject?
confused.gif

Abazias

Rough_Rock
At Abazias, the prices listed on Pricescope and on our website are for cash purchases. If a customer pays cash, either by wire transfer or check, he will encounter a discount of 2.3% from our company for not having to be assessed the merchant fees. I believe must of the online dealers have similar practices. If you are working with one particular diamond dealer, I am sure they will be more than happy to clarify their payment arrangements.

Good Luck,
Felicia

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Most of us offer a cash discount to customers who elect to pay by wire transfer instead of credit card because we don't see why everybody should have to pay for credit card processing merchant fees if they aren't using a credit card. Every store that you walk into that accepts credit cards builds the merchant fees charged by the banks to process credit cards into the selling price of their products, but most don't discount if you don't use a credit card when you make a purchase. We post both the credit card and wire transfer / cash discount price on our inventory list, it is clearly stated... The difference is actually more like 3.5% in our case, the bank charges us 3.5% for on-line transactions because they are "high risk" which is funny because they're not going to stand behind a fraudulent charge anymore if it occured on-line than if it occured in our store where the merchant fee is only 2% but they didn't want to listen to that logic... The merchants who advertise here on PS don't have the option of telling Leonid which price should appear on his "mirror" of our listings, you need to take this up with Leonid... In reality, all of the prices that appear here on PS should be the credit card price and then there should be an indication that there is a discount for payment via wire transfer, or perhaps Leonid could tweak his script so that both prices appeared...?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes ideally both prices would appear, or if one appears, it should have a * noting at the top that all prices are either a) cc pricing or b) wire cash pricing. But should be consistent. Also some Pscope vendors discount for Pscope customers--so there may even be ANOTHER number besides typical cash wire or cc listed on the vendor's site...so in essence, there could be up to three potential prices.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
In order to stay comeptative on prices ,most internet vendors like us, are charging a handling fee for credit card purchases,for a few simple reasons. these charges are
for having to spend more time verifying that the card is not stolen by going through a lengthy procedure.
Whereas if you wire the money ,we don't have to go through all these details.and we can ship it anywhere you want.
some show the prices with the % included,some of us show them without the %.

You have to really go into the different sites and rea their policies.

good luck
read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results