shape
carat
color
clarity

pricescope price-stats?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tyson

Rough_Rock
I followed the price-stats link, and selected to view H&A diamonds in the 2.00-2.99 carat range. I then narrowed my search to G/VS2. Thirteen diamonds were listed, many of which were the same, just available through different vendors. I wanted to view the H&A pattern of the 2.3 G VS2 61.9 56 ex ex GIA that is currently posted. I followed the link to Whiteflash, as they have available photographs of the patterns for their H&A stones. Boy was I surprised to find that not only was this stone NOT an H&A, it was NOT an ideal cut, and is descibed as a "non-premium" stone by Whiteflash!!! How is it that this stone is advertized as an H&A stone, but is just a non-ideal stone? Who enters the listings into the price-stats page- a third party or the vendors themselves? So, is this or isn''t this stone an H&A or even an ideal?
This post was by no means aimed at Whiteflash, as others had this stone listed too, but I followed their link because they display photos of their H&As, and was surprised. . .
confused.gif

I have had the same experience on more than one occasion, and thought this contradiction between vendors listing the same stone differently was a bit strange as well. I can only assume that some vendors have a lenient criteria as to what they are willing to advertise as hearts and arrows. Additionally, in most insistances these stones are not in-house, and usually overseas. Thus, these vendors that are willing to advertise such stones as hearts and arrows rely on someone else’s word (i.e. cutter, wholesaler, distributor…). Instead of examining the stone with their own eyes to determine if it is a “true” hearts and arrows.

2.gif

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
I had the same problem using that search. That's why I just went to GOG to look in person. I used the search for info purposes only but didn't take it any further.

stonelover

Rough_Rock
If it is a H&A you are looking at I would look at Whiteflash, Superbcert and GOG ( not in any particular order)due to the range of stones. Besides that you want to be able to see the reports and details that they can provide.
If it is not a H&A stone then there are many good sites. The only thing I would like to share is that at times even if some stones are listed it might be on hold or unavailable(or sold). Hope vendors can take noteof this!
wavey.gif

NewbieHere

Rough_Rock
Use the pricescope search for general pricing information and go to the individual vendor websites to see more details about their stones. When you see a stone offered by more than one vendor, it was not cut by them. The pricescope search does a good job of letting you determine market price and availability. The vendors do offer some of their own stones their as well. HTH.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Explanation is simple.

Some stones are listed by the wholesalers or manufacturers in the trading networks with H&A in the comments column.

I assume these are non-branded H&A. There is no guarantee of course that these stones are true H&A but there is a chance... You guys might want to inquire about H&A pattern for these stones and you might get lucky and find a well cut stone for a bit less money
2.gif

Whiteflash might list these stones on there website but just as regular goods, not as H&A.

In the stats section I just calculate average prices for stones in different cut categories...

Hope this helps.
1.gif

tyson

Rough_Rock
Stonelover,

Actually, this post was a result of following a link to a stone that Whiteflash had listed as an "H&A" on Pricescope's price-stats.

stonelover

Rough_Rock
Oh,Maybe Leonid can comment!
rolleyes.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
As I explained above, this stone has "IDEAL H&A" comment made by manufacturer.

Ask your broker to get the stone for you (if it is still available) and check the H&A patterns or maybe the manufacturer can provide H&A image for the stone.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It may not be obvious, but most of the stones listed on the Internet are owned by third parties.
How could all those vendors - sometimes 6 or so - all get every diamond and photgraph them?
The conceept of a branded stone is that the vendor selling it knows about its quality.
You would do better to search by "cut quality" where you can find mostly stones that are held in the vendors hot little hand.
They can take it out and talk to you about it
1.gif

And guess what - they cost more because these stones they have either cut, or they bought from manufacturers because they are truly beautiful!!!

Try it and report back please tyson
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WhiteFlash has branded stones (the ACA lineup) which are definitely H&A, and then they also sell a range of other types of stones, some ideal, some non-ideal, some H&A, some not. So if you saw this stone with H&A in the comments and it was caught by Pscope search and other vendors carry it, its definitely not an ACA and is one of the other types of stones that WF is brokering to sell.

So not to be confused with the branded ACA lineup that WF sells...

It's a little confusing but basically if you run an H&A search on Pscope, you are finding what some may consider to be H&A but may not be branded or have confirmed H&A images. Remember, it's easy to mark a stone with H&A but only the images under a viewer prove it. If you want to find *definite* H&A stones and/or branded H&A's, use the 'cut quality' search on Pscope's homepage which runs on sites such as WF, GOG, NiceIce, etc where they back up their H&A claims with H&A images and much more info.

Good luck!
1.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
depth: 58.7 - 62.3
table: 53 - 58

these are the only conditions to be H&A whith the Search by Quality of pricescope.
you even don't know the angles.

try with the other button: "search by cut quality"

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Stephan,
----------------
depth: 58.7 - 62.3
table: 53 - 58

these are the only conditions to be H&A whith the Search by Quality of pricescope.
----------------
This is not quite right. You can check H&A button on the right from the shape list. This will give you diamonds that are listed as H&A by their vendors (brokers or suppliers).

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
If you want to get a look at definite H&A's with pictures on Whiteflash, do a search directly on their site of their A Cut Above line.....You will get only their premium stones with pictures and sarins. They do have a few in the size range you're looking for. (Wow, by the way!)
1.gif

-Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results