shape
carat
color
clarity

pricescope=happy people; diamondtalk=angry people

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biscuit

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

I just wanted to shout out a huge THANK YOU to all Pricescope regulars...I just wandered over to diamondtalk for the first time, and it seemed more like a soap opera than a forum for people who appreciate gems. There were posts that absolutely thrashed dealers for no obvious reason...it seemed like people were taking joy in pointing out why others had made poor purchases. As a relative newbie, I'd be afraid of being flamed for posting over there...when I purchase my special one's engagement ring, you can be sure I'll share my excitement with YOU instead of them! Thank you all for being so supportive!:praise:

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I agree. I've been lurking there for a year now and while there is a LOT of useful information, wading through all of the drama and BS to find it is a pretty daunting task. I like to refer to it as DT High (School).

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
it is a great credit to you Leonid.

He is a very gentle guy folks (except he goes mad with ski's on).

Actually DT gets me in sometimes - it seems when the avergae post is nasty, that being nasty is normal.
Gilbert keeps trying to stop it, but the culture is there now. It reminds me of 'broken window' theory from New York ghetto's. If the maintainance in an area is poor then crime is higher because people think "I can get away with anything here because no one cares". When they cleaned up the NYC subway the top cops used Broken Window theory and cleaned the graffitti off every night. Eventually the graffitti "artists" (read - vandals) gave up.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Funny, I'm a member of both. Lot's of drama over there. The gemstone board is particularly helpful & keeps out of much of the drama. So, ask away over there if you have a question on colored stones....Unfortunately the same can not be said of the diamond board.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/4/2002 4:47:25 AM

Thank you Biscuit :)
----------------

Kudos to you leonid.......but I have to ask - What up w/ the pitbull icon?
:loopy:

larry

Rough_Rock
Hey Leonid, if you are ever in the Lake Tahoe area and want to go snow skiing let me know. Pricescope has been a great help and I really enjoy learning more about diamonds, I owe you one.

Larry

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have to tell ya'll this. I've been participating on the dt forum for over 2 years. In the past week it seems like I've answered more valid diamond questions on this forum than I have on dt for the past 6 months. It is refreshing to be able to get down to the grass roots of what I enjoy doing most. HELPING PEOPLE. Alot of crapping on people is going on over there and it seems that you can't answer people's questions honestly without getting into an arguement with someone or someone twisting your words. Good people there have left that forum or are not around who I miss. I pray ya'll don't mind if I participate a little more here on pricescope as there seem to be more people here with genuine concerns and real questions (not looking to pick fights). I like to see threads where people are getting genuine help and not being pitched.

Peace,
Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results