shape
carat
color
clarity

Announcement PriceScope GTG 2019 in Carlsbad, CA

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I drive to Carlsbad all the time, it's only an hour from me....I'm so excited. I'm not sure if I am reading this right...do I just need to follow that link to say I want to come? Also, is there a cost listed for the day of classes and the following lunch day? With my schedule I may only be able to make one day and i would probably prefer the luncheon if I had to choose only one.
Yes, you need to follow the link and register if you want to attend. There is no cost for pricescopers for the GIA lectures, and the luncheon on Saturday is provided courtesy of Pricescope!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Regarding the drawing:
All qualified members registering for the event will be entered into a drawing. The lucky winner will receive round trip domestic airfare and 3 nights hotel accommodations courtesy of Whiteflash!

(If you should win and happen to be driving to Carlsbad, we ask that you gift the plane ticket portion to another pricescoper.)

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
I would love to go....;)2

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OK @Texas Leaguer, you talked me into RSVP'ing! It was great to meet so many PSers this past weekend, and I look forward to meeting more.
Thank you for graciously hosting the events. :appl:
Great! I look forward to meeting you too after all these years. Good luck in the drawing.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Great! I look forward to meeting you too after all these years. Good luck in the drawing.
Thank you so much! I look forward to meeting you and your entourage. I wasn't going to enter the drawing because I live close by, but I guess if I enter and win, I can donate it to a PS friend who wants to come and can't afford it. Now that's a Win Win scenario courtesy of Whiteflash! =)2

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very pleased to announce that we have been given permission to hold our education events on the GIA campus. They typically do not allow outside groups to use their facilities, and we assumed we would have to have the speakers come to the hotel. But our friends at GIA are really coming through for us!

I think having the presentations in the student lecture hall will really make this extra special. I will have more announcements about the speakers and the topics very soon.

Also, because of security we will need to provide GIA with names of attendees in the near future. Each attendee on the list will have to show ID to get in. So please give this your attention and start making your plans soon if this is something you are seriously interested in.

I can tell you this is going to be something very worthwhile for everyone active in the pricescope community.

Wow, I have to agree - that is SO special! I've been an on/off student of GIA through the distance education courses. It would be really wonderful to experience the campus! Pretty incredible.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know by which date we will know if PSers are able to bring guests? I have a friend in mind that I'd like to invite, but I don't want to dangle that carrot (or carat! or karat, even...) unless there is a guest spot able to be filled. She's a major gem lover but hasn't spent time on PS.

Thanks again for this amazing opportunity! I went to a small PS GTG and had the most wonderful time hanging out with kindred spirits. I see this being the same but EVEN BETTER!

Orchids0926

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Definitely within driving distance. I so wish I could go, it'll be my first GTG. Alas, I have a friend's wedding in Oregon to attend! :cry2::cry2:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have just received word that our guests will get special tours of the GIA campus and the many wonderful gem, mineral and jewelry displays housed there.

Stay tuned for more info on the presentations and tours.

*Make sure that if you want to attend you sign up as soon as possible as space will be limited.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Still waiting to hear if I got an invite :cry2:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I have just received word that our guests will get special tours of the GIA campus and the many wonderful gem, mineral and jewelry displays housed there.
That sounds GREAT! I can only imagine how great those displays must be. I'm getting excited. =)2

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so bummed that I can’t go. :confused2: Maybe next one?? I’m trying to get to one!!!! (Last one fell between prom and graduation for my twins and as it approached, they started going nuts and I realized I had to stay home and hold down the fort).

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am really pleased to announce that one of our speakers will be one of the world's foremost experts on cut quality. Many of you know of Al Gilbertson from having read his excellent book on the history of the ideal cut. A little bit about him here:
https://www.gia.edu/gia-news-press/gilbertson-bonanno-award

He will be talking about cut quality - history, evolution, and future. He has a wealth of knowledge to share and there will be ample time allotted for Q&A, some come prepared to get you questions answered!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I look forward to meeting you and your entourage. I wasn't going to enter the drawing because I live close by, but I guess if I enter and win, I can donate it to a PS friend who wants to come and can't afford it. Now that's a Win Win scenario courtesy of Whiteflash! =)2
That would be me. :lol:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stay tuned for more info on the presentations and tours.

*Make sure that if you want to attend you sign up as soon as possible as space will be limited.

:(:(sad Aw, man, shoot. I expect lots of photos, if possible.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, you need to follow the link and register if you want to attend. There is no cost for pricescopers for the GIA lectures, and the luncheon on Saturday is provided courtesy of Pricescope!
Oh wow that's amazing. So I clicked on the link and put "PS and WF GTG 2019” in the subject line....anything else I need to do? I want to make sure I didn't miss anything

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We’re working our way through the next batch of RSVPs. Please make sure to check your PS email since you aren’t in until you get a confirmation email from us. :wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re working our way through the next batch of RSVPs. Please make sure to check your PS email since you aren’t in until you get a confirmation email from us. :wavey:
Do you know what address the confirmation will come from? I might have missed the email.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Do you know what address the confirmation will come from? I might have missed the email.

Hi Lovedogs, you're on our list and I sent you a confirmation on July 3. I just resent it right now for you as well. It would come from my username at pricescope.net.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lovedogs, you're on our list and I sent you a confirmation on July 3. I just resent it right now for you as well. It would come from my username at pricescope.net.
Thank you!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes! As I posted a few times, please respond to my email or you are not on our list. Thank you!
I just got the email today and responded thank you. If I need to do anything else please let me know thanks so much

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far to participate in this outstanding event. If you have received confirmation from Pricescope then you are automatically entered into the drawing for free domestic air fare AND hotel accommodations courtesy of Whiteflash.

If you have not signed up yet, please do so soon. Space at the event will be limited, and you DO NOT want to miss out on the drawing!

Drawing will be held before the end of this month. Date to be announced very soon.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds fantastic!!! Prob not in the cards for me, but tempting!!!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I'll be joining the festivities! We have passes to Legoland so they'll hang out there while I play with bling. Can't wait!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
Is it ok to start of list of PS usernames that plan to attend? I'd be happy to start it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results