carat
color
clarity

Announcement PriceScope GTG 2019 in Carlsbad, CA

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I am excited to announce the 2019 PriceScope Get Together (GTG).

As many of you know, for years we hosted a PriceScope GTG in conjunction with the JCK show in Las Vegas. In an effort to facilitate the ability of more and different community members to be able to attend, in 2018 we decided to hold “travelling” GTG’s in different parts of the country, hosted by our supporting vendors. In 2018 Whiteflash hosted the first travelling PS GTG in Houston and they arranged for the director of AGS Laboratories (along with one of the lab’s top researchers) to come in for a day of educational presentations, followed by our big social event the following evening. Whiteflash also provided airfare and hotel accommodations for several lucky PriceScopers through a special drawing that was held on the forum. The event was a big success with a good time had by all.

Early this year Whiteflash once again stepped up and offered to sponsor another travelling GTG for Fall of 2019. Because AGSL was the featured guest at the inaugural event in Houston, Whiteflash has arranged with the GIA to provide the educational presentations for this event. And because we have so many community members on the West Coast, we are thrilled to announce we will be hosting the 2019 event in Carlsbad, CA, the home of GIA’s main campus!

Some outstanding GIA speakers have been lined up for the educational part of the festivities, on topics that will be particularly interesting for PriceScopers. Whiteflash will again provide airfare and hotel accommodations to a lucky PriceScope member through a fun drawing to be held on the forum soon!

Save the dates:

Friday, Sept 20th GIA

Saturday, September 21st GTG Luncheon

Based on our experience with the first travelling GTG, we expect that many members will be eager to attend this event. Because seating will be limited, we may not be able to accommodate everyone who would like to come, so we ask for those interested to let us know as soon as possible.

Please click here to RSVP via the contact form and write “ PS and WF GTG 2019” in the subject line.

For security please give us your full name as on your ID and let us know you wish to attend the GIA presentations.

I would like to thank Whiteflash for their generous contributions toward making this event possible. There will be many details coming soon.

Eligibility as of 7-2-2019: For security purposes, consumers with at least 100 posts or 6 months of membership with 50 posts as of 7-2-19, will be eligible to attend the PriceScope Carlsbad Get Together. Please note that space is limited and guests will only be considered after the end of July 31st if we have additional space. Only consumer members who are active and in good standing in the last 6 months will be eligible to attend. You are welcome to request a guest when you RSVP and we will notify you at the end of July if we have space for the guest.

Last edited by a moderator:

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Damn it, I’m from across the big pond west from Carlsbad!

EncikG

Shiny_Rock
Damn it, I’m from across the big pond west from Carlsbad!

It didn’t say the free airfare was limited to the States. U could draw it to win it =)2

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
A little bit too far south for me, but this sounds like fun!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh it would be lovely to meet some of y'all!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It didn’t say the free airfare was limited to the States. U could draw it to win it =)2
We haven't yet announced the details of the drawing, but last year it was limited to domestic air fare. However, we may be able to come up with some sort of allowance equivalent to an average domestic ticket price that we could award to international members who would be able to make the trip.

We will post full details over the next week or so. Stay tuned!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww, that’s my kid’s Fall Break (we go back Aug. 1st for anyone wondering about a break at what seems so early in the school year) and we will be in NYC! Houston was so much fun last year!

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We haven't yet announced the details of the drawing, but last year it was limited to domestic air fare. However, we may be able to come up with some sort of allowance equivalent to an average domestic ticket price that we could award to international members who would be able to make the trip.

We will post full details over the next week or so. Stay tuned!

As much as I’d love to attend, I have other more pressing priorities (i.e. work is really busy at the moment so I can’t take any time off and my wife would kill me as we’re in a season of life where we’re down to one income currently and if I were to go off for some time and leave her to look after my precocious toddler for a few days without me to provide relief in the evenings [in her words she’d go crazy]).

So I guess I’ll have to pass on entering this time around.

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
Also RSVP’d. May need to update my last name on the reply since will change as of wedding in August. Maybe incorporate this trip into our HM? Relatively close to Disneyland and Universal Studios, but we’re hoping to do Disney World and Universal in Florida. And while I’m attending the GTG, he can spend time with his friends and family in SoCal. Win win.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So bummed. My busiest time of year. Hope everyone has a fabulous time. So awesome of WF to host.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had an amazing time at last year’s gtg and I’m sorry and sad to miss this one! We just welcomed our son into the world and will be traveling to visit family around the same time. @Texas Leaguer WF generosity is unparalleled and PSers are so lucky to participate in these educational events! Thank you!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi everyone,

Please note that you are not confirmed to attend until you receive an email from me saying you are confirmed. Please check your email that you used to register for PS and get back to us. Thank you! :wavey:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Had an amazing time at last year’s gtg and I’m sorry and sad to miss this one! We just welcomed our son into the world and will be traveling to visit family around the same time. @Texas Leaguer WF generosity is unparalleled and PSers are so lucky to participate in these educational events! Thank you!
Congratulations @ac117 !
I understand you have priorities. Consider this an excused absence. But we will expect to see you at the next one. :D

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I changed the email attached to my account. Will that affect anything?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @ac117 !
I understand you have priorities. Consider this an excused absence. But we will expect to see you at the next one. :D

Thank you! I’d hope to see YOU at the next one, given your thoughts of retirement ;( I’ll selfishly hope you “retire” like Jay-Z did many years and several times ago :lol-2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats on baby boy! I was thinking of you just the other day. How exciting! We did have such a good time at the GTG last year - fond memories that will last a lifetime. I too am sorry I can't attend this one but fingers crossed for the next!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your new arrival! You definitely get a pass this year! Hopefully, we can all meet again at the next one!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I drive to Carlsbad all the time, it's only an hour from me....I'm so excited. I'm not sure if I am reading this right...do I just need to follow that link to say I want to come? Also, is there a cost listed for the day of classes and the following lunch day? With my schedule I may only be able to make one day and i would probably prefer the luncheon if I had to choose only one.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg! Yesss! I’ve never done this type of thing before but I’m so excited!

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
I’ve always wanted to take a diamond cutting class. Maybe this trip will inspire me to take lapidary classes.And would you believe I almost never wear bling. But I do love working with my hands.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not far from Carlsbad, this sounds fun!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only Matthew McConaughey and naughty slides in the presentation could entice me to go the GTG. :whistle:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Only Matthew McConaughey and naughty slides in the presentation could entice me to go the GTG. :whistle:
Matthew and I had a falling out over his no show at the Houston GTG. He has apologized profusely, but as yet I have not decided to give him a second chance.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am very pleased to announce that we have been given permission to hold our education events on the GIA campus. They typically do not allow outside groups to use their facilities, and we assumed we would have to have the speakers come to the hotel. But our friends at GIA are really coming through for us!

I think having the presentations in the student lecture hall will really make this extra special. I will have more announcements about the speakers and the topics very soon.

Also, because of security we will need to provide GIA with names of attendees in the near future. Each attendee on the list will have to show ID to get in. So please give this your attention and start making your plans soon if this is something you are seriously interested in.

I can tell you this is going to be something very worthwhile for everyone active in the pricescope community.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results