shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricescope Discounts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
I have read a couple of posts stating that certain vendors here give discounts. Can anyone tell me which ones they are?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look under vendors at the top right of the page, these guys give the PS discount. Usually prices marked with an asterisk are the price with the discount. These discounts are normally only available if you pay by bank wire transfer, combined with the PS discount is the strongest reduction I believe. So if you see the PS price, this is what you pay to include the PS discount with the bank wire. It is best to check with the individual vendor.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t believe they all give a PS discount. Many give a wire discount if you don''t pay by cc, but off hand, WhiteFlash is the only one I know of for sure that gives a small additional PS discount.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the WF discount is only available if you pay by wire transfer, not with any other payment method. Like I said it is best to ask the individual vendor to be sure. If they are a PS vendor doesn't it follow that most of them give the PS discount?
33.gif

Here we go from a WF staff member.

"All diamonds at WF have a discount when PS is mentioned. The amount discounted varies, depending on your selection, but it's generally from 2% to 5%

All discounted prices are bank wire prices."

This also.

When a customer contacts us and mentions they found us on PS they get the advertised PS price if they pay with a wire. The amount discounted depends on the purchase - but it is our STRONGEST DISCOUNT. If they did not find us on PS, but elect to pay with a wire we also offer a regular wire discount of 2%. The 2 discounts are not combined - it's either one or the other.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I read that discussion yesterday where Sunkist was questioning why she didn''t at least get a partial discount even though they paid by CC. I guess we''ll have to see how that turns out. But there is a wire discount for anyone, so there has to be an additional amount that is considered the PS discount.

I have done some work with Wink, GOG, and Dimend Scaasi and none of them had a PS discount. Some had a wire discount for anyone who wants to pay that way.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just found some more info DS which may help.
1.gif
That is interesting with the other vendors, it just goes to show it is best to check with the individual vendor.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 8:18:31 AM
Author:Lady LuLu
I have read a couple of posts stating that certain vendors here give discounts. Can anyone tell me which ones they are?
Here is the norm on pricing.

List price - price without no discount applied. Usually applies to credit card transactions, because the c/c companies charge a percentage of the sale, so the cost to the vendor on such transactions is a bit higher.

Standard bank wire discount - price applied if you conduct transaction via bank wire transfer. Many vendors offer this discount, and the amount is usually 2% off the list price.

Pricescope bank wire discount - price applied if you identify yourself as a PS participant during your transaction AND conduct transaction via bank wire transfer. Discount amount varies, usually in the range from 2.5 to 5%, depending on your stone selection.

At present, Whiteflash is the only vendor I'm aware of that offers a "Pricescope" discount. If anyone else has discovered other vendors offering similar discounts, they should share them here too!

A final point: discounts cannot be combined, so you can only be eligible for one discount structure. Since WF's "PS" discount is always better than the standard bank wire discount, PSers would always want to get the PS discount when dealing with WF.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/21/2006 9:25:55 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006

I have done some work with Wink, GOG, and Dimend Scaasi and none of them had a PS discount. Some had a wire discount for anyone who wants to pay that way.

It is a question of how you want to market your goods. Discounts seem to work well, maybe even better than just giving your best price to every one. Each merchant will have to choose what they are comfortable with.

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as I am concerned, it is much easier to compare prices when everyone gives their lowest price as the list price. However, I do understand giving a wire or money order discount.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 12:44:48 PM
Author: aljdewey

At present, Whiteflash is the only vendor I''m aware of that offers a ''Pricescope'' discount. If anyone else has discovered other vendors offering similar discounts, they should share them here too!
One clarification, Pricescope discount is a "Pricescope Listing discount", it''s a price-comparison option belonging ONLY to listed vendors here on PS.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 2:41:14 PM
Author: Pricescope

At present, Whiteflash is the only vendor I''m aware of that offers a ''Pricescope'' discount. If anyone else has discovered other vendors offering similar discounts, they should share them here too!
One clarification, Pricescope discount is a ''Pricescope Listing discount'', it''s a price-comparison option belonging ONLY to listed vendors here on PS.
I''m not sure I understand the clarification?

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 9:13:16 PM

One clarification, Pricescope discount is a ''Pricescope Listing discount'', it''s a price-comparison option belonging ONLY to listed vendors here on PS.
I''m not sure I understand the clarification?
Alj I agree.

Also I just want to write out, that my understanding from the post mentioned by Sunkist. The PS discount only applies to WF purchases if a bank wire is used. This has been somewhat unclear because of how the policy is stated on the WF website, which has been brought to John''s attention.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 10:59:41 PM
Author: ilovesparkles

Date: 5/21/2006 9:13:16 PM

One clarification, Pricescope discount is a 'Pricescope Listing discount', it's a price-comparison option belonging ONLY to listed vendors here on PS.
I'm not sure I understand the clarification?
Alj I agree.

Also I just want to write out, that my understanding from the post mentioned by Sunkist. The PS discount only applies to WF purchases if a bank wire is used. This has been somewhat unclear because of how the policy is stated on the WF website, which has been brought to John's attention.
I believe the PS clarification means it's a 'Pricescope Listing Discount,' since it can only be used with the vendors listing on PS... For instance, you can't use the 'Pricescope Listing Discount' with virtual diamonds offered through 'Joe's Shiny Shack' or other non-PS vendors.

As for Whiteflash, I'm sure we'll visit the subject further. Logically, if it's coming up frequently in threads it's not noted effectively enough.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
If you run a generic diamond search (e.g. from the front page), you will see some diamonds are marked with asterisk meaning this is a special price for pricescope visitors.

There is a problem, however, (see here) that we try to clarify now. Historically, many vendors used to list their bank wire (BW)/cash prices on their sites and pricescope. There were several reasons for that:
1. because of the small margin, credit card surcharge makes significant difference in price.
2. some vendors didn''t have an ability to accept payments with credit cards over the internet
3. security issues

Today, most vendors accept credit cards and list credit card prices on their sites while offer discount for BW transactions (including Blue Nile).

We are currently looking to clarify whether all vendors should list only credit card prices on Pricescope. This may take several days to arrange. We ask for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results