shape
carat
color
clarity

Prices

buttercup99

Rough_Rock
What to do about current diamond prices?
Do they ever go down? They seem very over inflated now.
For example, last October I found a 1.50 carat, G, VS2 excellent cut, GIA certified diamond at a local jewellery store
in Toronto for $14,000. I did not buy it because I was undecided about a setting. The diamond has since been sold,
and now I am finding that a diamond with similar specs costs between $17,000 to $19,000.
I have read that there have been no big discoveries recently of diamond mines, and that is why the prices are up.
Less supply for demand. However, with all the diamond mine discoveries in Canada, that is hard to believe.
If a new diamond mine was found, would prices go down? I don't think so. Are diamonds being tied in to the price
of gold and silver, and when precious metals go down, will the price of diamonds go down too?
Have also read that diamond prices are increasing because of demand from China.
Bottom line: Are these prices temporary? Is it best to wait?

buttercup99

Rough_Rock
I would like to add that the price of $14,000 was not only applicable to the diamond that I saw, but when I looked online
and at other jewellery stores it represented what other jewellery stores were selling a similar diamond for.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
it's unlikely that diamond price will go down, since it have not occured in the past yet..

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
I don't really see the point in waiting to buy if you are ready. If you are concerned that prices will drop after you buy, just buy from a vendor with a generous upgrade policy and you'll get a nearly free upgrade to a bigger diamond if prices do drop.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results