shape
carat
color
clarity

Prices - supply & demand

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bdr27615

Rough_Rock
Are diamond prices somewhat seasonal? In other words i would think more people get engaged around Christmas and Valentines - demand goes up. Would prices come down after Valentines since demand would, in theory, be less? thanks.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
I am definately not an expect but I remember a few weeks ago a similar questioned was asked...
In some of the B&M stores prices are sometimes seasonal but not with the online vendors. The only thing that really affects their prices is availability.

vadim_s

Rough_Rock
Diamond prices have been going up very steadily in past 3 years or so. It seems, just like good stocks, they are going up in price. All this means is that you are better off spending more to get more for the money now, as later whatever you bought or would have bought now would be more expensive
9.gif

Also, as post above says, the price fluctuates little, but availability and how long the stone is in stock is based totally on demand.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dont have a magic ball but if the Christmas sales were good and they look to be I expect a large price increase in Jan early Feb.
Its the pattern DeBeers has set over the last several years and the rest of the industry follows along.
Its what I expect to happen but I could be wrong.
If I found the diamond I wanted now and had the money Id buy it now.

Thats just my opinion and I could be wrong.

vadim_s

Rough_Rock
just to add to what I said before, if you were to buy the one now that you really like, make sure its a little larger than you want. Maximize the investment to maximize the return. You know you would like a larger diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results