shape
carat
color
clarity

Prices on James Meyer settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou BEG for starting this thread - in light of finding out more info on JM''s pricing, I may send my umbalite to him after all..
I had always thought I could not afford it..it seems perhaps not so
1.gif
11.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 12:38:04 AM
Author: arjunajane
Thankyou BEG for starting this thread - in light of finding out more info on JM''s pricing, I may send my umbalite to him after all..

1.gif
11.gif

Yay AJ! Maybe that''ll solve the dilemma of the leaves v. no leaves (hopefully!). I''d love to see that umbalite of yours in a JM setting
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:01:28 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

1.gif
11.gif

Yay AJ! Maybe that''ll solve the dilemma of the leaves v. no leaves (hopefully!). I''d love to see that umbalite of yours in a JM setting
30.gif
Hi BEG -Yes, I am so excited that I can go with JM.
36.gif
It will work out a tad more expensive due to shipping etc, and likely take quite a bit longer - but I think it will surely be worth it.

It doesn''t really solve the dilemma, lol, as I love them both equally! But I''m sure Jim will be able to advise once he has my gem.

I really must thank you for starting this thread, I don''t know why I didn''t just ask him sooner! It must''ve been fate that my jeweller here hadn''t started yet - thank goodness!

cheers hon!
35.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:10:59 AM
Date: 2/19/2009 3:01:28 AM

1.gif
11.gif

30.gif

Hi BEG -Yes, I am so excited that I can go with JM.
36.gif
It will work out a tad more expensive due to shipping etc, and likely take quite a bit longer - but I think it will surely be worth it.

It doesn''t really solve the dilemma, lol, as I love them both equally! But I''m sure Jim will be able to advise once he has my gem.

I really must thank you for starting this thread, I don''t know why I didn''t just ask him sooner! It must''ve been fate that my jeweller here hadn''t started yet - thank goodness!

cheers hon!
35.gif

Hehe it IS fate! I''m glad I could help - who knew there were so many prospective JM customers out there? (totally not surprising however). I bet you''ll love your ring - have you made a decision on what color gold you want to go with?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I''m surprised that his prices are so reasonable! (Still out of my price range for now, but certainly not forever!!!)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:35:05 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Wow! I''m surprised that his prices are so reasonable! (Still out of my price range for now, but certainly not forever!!!)

Definitely not forever! Still out of my range until this summer, but AJ, I''m totally going to live vicariously through you now
1.gif

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Hi girls
35.gif

My ring was in the same range mentioned. Quote was at the lower end if using one of his diamonds, and a bit higher using my own stone. It was only 3 weeks until it arrived in the mail, and he was at a gem show for one of those weeks! Now, I'm quite sure that turnaround wouldn't always be that quick and depend on how many are waiting before you, but very reasonable I would say!

Beach, which one are you getting??
I rec'd a very nice email from him yesterday in which he did say he might stop by here sometime.
36.gif

But come to think of it ... if he spends too much time here he won't have time to MAKE JEWELRY!
- BB

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:55:31 AM

Date: 2/19/2009 3:35:05 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Wow! I'm surprised that his prices are so reasonable! (Still out of my price range for now, but certainly not forever!!!)

Definitely not forever! Still out of my range until this summer, but AJ, I'm totally going to live vicariously through you now
1.gif
You can do whatever you like hon, and you know you guys can always rely on me for tons of vicarious jewellery-po*n photos, lol !
And you know what - I think you are right, honestly - first Sally didn't work out, then other quotes too expensive, than current jeweller taking time to get started..for a lil while there I thought my umby was cursed..but now I see it was meant to be, lol!
I know that's a lil existential for talk of jewellery, but hey..
emsmilep.gif

BB, I think 3 weeks is a great turn around - I so hope I can have my hands on one within a month, that would be a dream
emlove.gif

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:13:00 AM
Author: ButterBean
Hi girls
35.gif

My ring was in the same range mentioned. Quote was at the lower end if using one of his diamonds, and a bit higher using my own stone. It was only 3 weeks until it arrived in the mail, and he was at a gem show for one of those weeks! Now, I'm quite sure that turnaround wouldn't always be that quick and depend on how many are waiting before you, but very reasonable I would say!

Beach, which one are you getting??
I rec'd a very nice email from him yesterday in which he did say he might stop by here sometime.
36.gif

But come to think of it ... if he spends too much time here he won't have time to MAKE JEWELRY!
- BB
Getting style 1345 (in the ering section) like Coati's. Just not sure if i should do 18k gold with plat. bezel and wraps or just get it all in plat.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yippee!!
So it''s all sorted - as soon as umby is back home next week, he''s heading off for a playdate with Jim Meyer, lol !

Can''t wait !
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 8:54:28 PM
Yippee!!

So it''s all sorted - as soon as umby is back home next week, he''s heading off for a playdate with Jim Meyer, lol !

Can''t wait !
36.gif

Yay! So glad that it''s all sorted out, and your stone is going to be set by JM!
1.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Hmm. mine was less than all of yours and even with a platinum bezel. He had given me a quote that was kind of loose and in the end charged the lower amount. Used quite a bit of gold too.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to those who have posted pricing information! I was curious myself. I have a stone I really want to set and I would love an un-plated white gold ring like Coati''s. I''ve just been too lazy to call and ask him for the information.

I look forward to seeing everyone''s James Meyer rings! I went into Caleb Meyer''s studio two weekends ago to try on WBs! I think I might even give up the idea of a diamond WB to get one of his fabulous plain platinum bands.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results