shape
carat
color
clarity

Prices on James Meyer settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
After seeing some beautiful settings on here lately (Coati, Butterbean), I was wondering how much James Meyer charges (approximately) for his settings. Does anyone have a ballpark? A search in past threads didn''t bring anything up. I''m guessing it''s on the higher end (just based on detail and quality) but I''d like to know (I did send him an e-mail and am waiting on the response). Thanks!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Expect to be paying around 1000-1300 for a design like Coati's. Of course it depends on if you want stones and other details. Spot gold is also on the rise so prices always flucuate. Good luck!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s pretty reasonable IMO. He surely does have some fine workmanship.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I priced him out for my asscher, and was really surprised. He was nice too!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh. Good to know.
31.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! I thought for SURE he was going to be way out of my price range but that''s really reasonable! I love that when I''m wondering something, it doesn''t take long before I find that someone else is wondering too!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$1K to $1.5K for that kind of custom work with bezeling, split shank and with the current metal prices sounds VERY reasonable. He''s going to be on my list too.
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
That is SUPER reasonable - thanks everyone! I would love love to have him set my malaya - and his prices seem really good, so this may actually happen this summer
1.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Had a chance to ogle Coati''s JM over the weekend and I must say, it was gorgeous!! Very delicate, very nice, clean lines...

Good luck!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 9:40:36 PM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
Had a chance to ogle Coati''s JM over the weekend and I must say, it was gorgeous!! Very delicate, very nice, clean lines...

Good luck!!!
Hehehe I just got done doing the same thing! Makes my heart pitter patter!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love Coati''s ring! Hers and Butterbean''s are the ones I specifically asked James for quotes for - soooo beautiful!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hrmm..interesting..I was under the impression it was more like the 1.5k range for a pretty plain bezel..
BEG, I would be very keen to hear what you find out - if it ends up the prices are what people are discussing here, I will likely just pull my garnet and go straight to the source so to say!

Beach, is that a definate quote you received from Jim?

beach

Brilliant_Rock
I do not want to share my actual quote from Jim but I will say expect to pay between 1000 and 1300 for a ring like Coati's.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i asked him for pricing as well and his platinum price was in line with mark morrell''s - under $2k. for white gold the pricing came in around what others here have indicated. very reasonable, indeed!

he is a pleasure to speak with! he also looked into an alternative for me (without my asking him to do so) as i expressed interest in white gold but i have a nickel allergy.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hey-a,

JM''s prices vary with metal choice, size of the stone, side stones, leaf work etc. I''ve gotten a few different quotes for different projects. Best way to reach Jim is by phone, as there can be a little delay with email. He usually answers the phone directly, so I''d just call him up for a quote.

Thanks for the sweet comments about my ring!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 9:40:36 PM
Author: HeartingDiamonds

Good luck!!!

And I got to ogle Miss Grace''s stunner! Her ring is AMAZING in person!
30.gif

Thanks G!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 9:31:48 AM
Author: beach
I do not want to share my actual quote from Jim but I will say expect to pay between 1000 and 1300 for a ring like Coati's.
Thats cool Beach - I wasn't asking for any info on your quote, simply whether that was a range you found out from Jim or just speculation.
Thanks for clearing that up!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That really is reasonable! I love his designs and would like to own one some day.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Still waiting - I should''ve called
3.gif
Maybe I will!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Give him a call . I just spoke with him and now off to the post office to send him a diamond
1.gif
I said that he really needs to drop by and say hello to everyone on the forum
35.gif
Good luck!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 1:17:27 PM
Author: Addy
That really is reasonable! I love his designs and would like to own one some day.
Ditto, I completely agree. I love looking at his website, vavavooom, gorgeous! hehe
30.gif

Browneyedgirl how exciting!!!
31.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 2:28:50 PM
Give him a call . I just spoke with him and now off to the post office to send him a diamond
1.gif
35.gif
Good luck!

yip yip!
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 2:28:50 PM
1.gif
35.gif
Good luck!

Yay!!! What design are you going to have him do? So excited for you!

I might call tomorrow - I need to get dressed for class - lots of fun talking about rising economies.....
14.gif

beach

Brilliant_Rock
He said 5 weeks for a design like coati's to be made
9.gif
I love all of his rings but coati's style just seems right for what I am looking for. I went with 18k with the platinum bezel and wraps but I am still debating on getting it all in platinum. Registered mail takes about 3-4 days to get up there so I will use that time to decide between the 2 metals. I am having a 1.19 round brilliant H VS1 set in the ring and it will be used as a right hand ring. luckily I can wear a 6.5 on both hands so I can even use it as an ering if I want to give the original ering a rest
1.gif
. I can't wait!! I would definetly give him a call!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is quite reasonable - but are we talking in (white)gold or plat here? (the 1-1.5k range)

beach

Brilliant_Rock
For a ring like coati's
1000-1300 for an 18k white gold with plat bezel and wraps.

1700-2000 for an all platinum ring

Look what you started coati!!! Imitation is the highest form of flattery
3.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 6:32:18 PM

3.gif

3.gif

After a few more folks get their rings, let's start a show-me-some-JM thread!

It's funny, I love my ring so much, but I've already moved onto other rings (prongs!).
31.gif
27.gif
I need a ton of variety to keep myself satiated. I'm sure a few of you can relate.
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 4:29:07 PM
He said 5 weeks for a design like coati''s to be made
9.gif
I love all of his rings but coati''s style just seems right for what I am looking for. I went with 18k with the platinum bezel and wraps but I am still debating on getting it all in platinum. Registered mail takes about 3-4 days to get up there so I will use that time to decide between the 2 metals. I am having a 1.19 round brilliant H VS1 set in the ring and it will be used as a right hand ring. luckily I can wear a 6.5 on both hands so I can even use it as an ering if I want to give the original ering a rest
1.gif
. I can''t wait!! I would definetly give him a call!!

Oh wow I don''t know if I can wait 5 weeks to see your ring!
5.gif
I''m super torn between Coati''s and BB''s rings - they''re both so beautiful. Can I just have both?
2.gif

Perfect that you can wear it as your e-ring too!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:14:31 PM
Author: coatimundi

3.gif

3.gif

After a few more folks get their rings, let''s start a show-me-some-JM thread!

It''s funny, I love my ring so much, but I''ve already moved onto other rings (prongs!).
31.gif
27.gif
I need a ton of variety to keep myself satiated. I''m sure a few of you can relate.
3.gif

Haha Coati, well it''s all about variety!
1.gif
You can never have too many beautiful rings - or at least, that''s the philosophy by which I live
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 8:14:31 PM
Author: coatimundi

3.gif

3.gif

After a few more folks get their rings, let''s start a show-me-some-JM thread!

It''s funny, I love my ring so much, but I''ve already moved onto other rings (prongs!).
31.gif
27.gif
I need a ton of variety to keep myself satiated. I''m sure a few of you can relate.
3.gif
Lol!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results