shape
carat
color
clarity

Prices of lab grown diamonds

waffle

Shiny_Rock
Will the price of lab grown diamonds decrease anytime soon? They are still to pricey for my budget.

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
Not noticeably in the near enough future for it to affect my buying habits, personally.

The price is generally stable, but like anything, it will always fluxuate over the long term (decades).

People predict it going up or down but that's not foolproof, just an educated guess.

waffle

Shiny_Rock
I've also noticed the people most loudly declaring the prices will plummet over the years are those who make the bulk of their income off the sale of mined diamonds.

Thank you!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's best not to consider lab stones as a cheap alternative. They are cheap-er than their mined counterparts, but not cheap. I chose a lab Asscher because I couldn't find any mined ones that I liked within my budget, and if I did like them, they were too small.

I'm not sure what your budget is but unless you're chasing a VVS1 DEF stone, you'll find some crazy bargains in the lab world.

waffle

Shiny_Rock
I think it's best not to consider lab stones as a cheap alternative. They are cheap-er than their mined counterparts, but not cheap. I chose a lab Asscher because I couldn't find any mined ones that I liked within my budget, and if I did like them, they were too small.

I'm not sure what your budget is but unless you're chasing a VVS1 DEF stone, you'll find some crazy bargains in the lab world.

Holy heck! You got a gorgeous asscher! Can you tell me the specs?

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Holy heck! You got a gorgeous asscher! Can you tell me the specs?

Thanks! It's a 1.62ct VS1 L colour CVD lab stone. I was trying to avoid a lower colour this time but she was just perfect in ratio (basically 1:1) and her steps were lovely so I went for it. She's warm but at times fairly close to J/K.

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! It's a 1.62ct VS1 L colour CVD lab stone. I was trying to avoid a lower colour this time but she was just perfect in ratio (basically 1:1) and her steps were lovely so I went for it. She's warm but at times fairly close to J/K.

Where did you end up buying from? I'm looking for an Asscher

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Where did you end up buying from? I'm looking for an Asscher

I bought from Dajini but I think they are one of many vendors on Rare Carat who have access to the same inventory so shop around for the best price!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I see the price as fairly stable. Unlike what others have said in this thread... I see no shortage whatsoever in any shape of lab grown stones. Like mined diamonds, you do have to find the “right” one for you..... but I’d say that so many people concerned with cut have an easier time. Because the quality of cut is actually more consistent with lab growns because cutters are less likely to try to save every last point.
For this reason you find lab stones close to, but below benchmark carat weights ( ie 1.95cts etc)
I see no issue with supply.

Philmc99

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased two 1.5 carat diamonds in April but I have a 60 day return policy so I continued to watch prices in case I found something better and/or cheaper. The exact opposite occurred and prices in May and now June are noticeably higher. The same diamonds I purchased in April are $1,000 more per diamond on all the aggregator sites like rare carat, James Allen, etc..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results