carat
color
clarity

Price/where to source a paraiba tourmaline 4.9 or 5.2mm

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1382045916|3539669 said:
Not to threadjack...but I contacted Frank as well, and he indicated he had 2 ovals left from the same stock as Greg :confused: Now I'm really confused!

I'm looking for a round-so perhaps I'm mixing it up and that is what he meant? Not sure :sick:

Frank has something in mind for me he'll email me about tomorrow and Dana has also said he would take a look at what he had.

I'll reply to everyone again later but company is just about to arrive. Tonight I'm a hockey widow (husband is at a leafs game with his brother) and so a gf is coming over to have a play date :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vintagelover are you still looking for a Paraiba or Cuprian Tourmaline or will a Zircon do? Zircons can have a wonderful colour but so can Apatite (sometimes sold as Neon Apatite). Both Zircon and Apatite are soft stones (mind you tourmalines are not uber durable either). Both Zircon and Apatite are fairly easily obtainable but may I ask how you want to set it because that might make your choice wider or narrower depending on whether it's for a pendant, ring, bracelet etc.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LD|1382127810|3540256 said:
Vintagelover are you still looking for a Paraiba or Cuprian Tourmaline or will a Zircon do? Zircons can have a wonderful colour but so can Apatite (sometimes sold as Neon Apatite). Both Zircon and Apatite are soft stones (mind you tourmalines are not uber durable either). Both Zircon and Apatite are fairly easily obtainable but may I ask how you want to set it because that might make your choice wider or narrower depending on whether it's for a pendant, ring, bracelet etc.
She wants to take one of the diamonds out of this ring

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...Stone/27724224_qNVv2F#!i=2336878184&k=pnXCqPx

and replace it with the stone she finds.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Freke - I had missed that bit.

Vintagelover - are you a risk taker and soft on your rings? I am and I wear both apatite and zircon rings BUT it does make some people very scared as they are prone to showing wear and tear if you even breathe on them!!!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Did someone already suggest Jerry at Gemart Services?

He has some blue topaz, if his current stone selection is any indication.

Or he can recut whatever you find into the size you need.

He is a very handy source! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results