shape
carat
color
clarity

Price Too Good To Be True?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
yea cvd+hthp treament, still has crystal issues after the treatment, not eyeclean, marginal cut with potential issues.
Sometimes you can win the crystal lottery and get good crystal from cvd+hthp and save some $ sometimes not.

BlondeAries

Rough_Rock
Sorry, but what does that mean? Is it not worth it? It looks like all the angles point to it being an excellent cut. Is it just that it’s not potentially eye clean?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
cvd - is a way of making man made diamond rough, it lays down layers on top of layers of diamond material to make the rough.
HTHP - is used to help fix issues that came up with the cvd process sometimes it works, sometimes not.
CVD+HTHP even when the results go well get traded at a discount for some silly reason.
CVD+HTHP where the problems are not solved like this one are not a good thing. It will interfere with light return and can have odd colors.
The inclusions are most surely going to be eye visible.
All that adds up to the low price.
Its not a steal at all.
Some might argue that its the market price for what it actually is but my opinion is a problem stone is a problem stone.

The average numbers are good but the execution of the cut contained in those numbers could be better.

BlondeAries

Rough_Rock
cvd - is a way of making man made diamond rough, it lays down layers on top of layers of diamond material to make the rough.
HTHP - is used to help fix issues that came up with the cvd process sometimes it works, sometimes not.
CVD+HTHP even when the results go well get traded at a discount for some silly reason.
CVD+HTHP where the problems are not solved like this one are not a good thing. It will interfere with light return and can have odd colors.
The inclusions are most surely going to be eye visible.
All that adds up to the low price.
Its not a steal at all.
Some might argue that its the market price for what it actually is but my opinion is a problem stone is a problem stone.

The average numbers are good but the execution of the cut contained in those numbers could be better.

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain. I’ve got some thinking to do….

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That black inclusion smack in the center of the diamond will probably be visible to the naked eye and it would bother the heck out of me.

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I'm sorry to say the same, but I think that likely visible inclusion will be a bullseye. If you can return in, you can just take a look for yourself to be sure though.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That black inclusion smack in the center of the diamond will probably be visible to the naked eye and it would bother the heck out of me.

Same.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results