shape
carat
color
clarity

Price this ring please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kph77

Rough_Rock
Can one of you experts out there give me an estimate of what I should expect the following diamond to cost? Just a range would be nice, I'm a bit of a novice.

Round, brilliant
Ideal cut
H&A
Carats: 1.51
Size: 7.47-7.50 x 4.51 mm
Color: E
Clarity: VVS2
Table: 57%
Depth: 60.3%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Fluorescence: Faint
Girdle: thin, faceted
Culet: none
GIA certified

Nate

Shiny_Rock
Doing a search on PriceScope I see these 3 diamonds. These are all E, VVS2, EX sym and polish, no flour, AGS 0 cut, but they are not H&A.

61% depth
56% table
AGS
$14912

61% depth
56% table
AGS
$14939

59.7% depth
58% table
GIA
vtn-med girdle
$14854

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
remember the fluo!!!

kph77

Rough_Rock
So is that "faint" fluorescence a big detractor? I haven't had a chance to look at this rock yet in person. What should I look for RE: the fluo?
$14K sounds about right. I was hoping for a bit less though....

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
Faint Fluorescence is not a big deal if it's blue, the only time you need to worry about Fluor is if it's not blue or if it's strong or OverBlue (extremely blue).

Faint is like non-existent.

Some people like Faint/Med Blue Fluor - most people do, I think -

If there is any doubt then do a search on this forum under Fluorescence (also under Flourescence, since people don't always remember how to spell it!)

Nate

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 5/31/2003 10:20:11 PM Adrienne wrote:
people don't always remember how to spell it!
----------------
smash.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Faint Flour would only be a modest discount at best in an E color diamond. Nate's examples all have Ex polish and Ex symmetry. I would think that would add some to the prices of Nate's examples. Still, you should have good ball park figures to work from.
1.gif

You should ask the vendor for a Sarin Report. Once you have the crown and pavillion angles, use the Cut Adviser to see how the diamond rates. You shouldn't have to pay for a Sarin Report. All the vendor has to do is call GIA.

Be aware that there are diamonds marketed as H&A that aren't TRUE H&A's. Just because it says H&A on the Cert could only mean there was an H&A inscription on the girdle. Definitely consider having purchase contingent on a satisfactory independent appraisal.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results