shape
carat
color
clarity

Price seems to good to be true, what should I be asking?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CaptB

Rough_Rock
I have been looking online, and in stores for a while, and I found the following diamond. Everything on the cert, and the cut advisors looks good, but the price seems to be low. What else should I be asking?

From the GIA Cert
Round
6.55 X 6.58 X 4.02mm
E
VS1
Cut - Excellent
Polish - Excellent
Sym - Excellent
Florecence - None
Table 57%
Depth 61.2%
Crown Angle 34.5
Pavillion 40.6
Medium Faceted

When I run through the HCA it scores .8

I was quoted a price of $8,150. It seems like a good price to me, and I want to make sure I am not missing something. What should I ask for.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Cert 1.06 Round.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2009 1:41:10 PM
Author:CaptB
I have been looking online, and in stores for a while, and I found the following diamond. Everything on the cert, and the cut advisors looks good, but the price seems to be low. What else should I be asking?

From the GIA Cert
Round
6.55 X 6.58 X 4.02mm
E
VS1
Cut - Excellent
Polish - Excellent
Sym - Excellent
Florecence - None
Table 57%
Depth 61.2%
Crown Angle 34.5
Pavillion 40.6
Medium Faceted

When I run through the HCA it scores .8

I was quoted a price of $8,150. It seems like a good price to me, and I want to make sure I am not missing something. What should I ask for.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Hi captB and welcome!

The diamond looks promising, is it for sale online or with a store jeweller? This can affect the price. Also if it is for sale online, can you request ASET or Idealscope images of the diamond? The numbers look good but this would help to confirm and help us to better evaluate the diamond. The price looks comparable to others being sold online with similar weight, cut, colour and clarity.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Welcome to PS! I checked on the diamond search engine for 1.06 E VS1 and your price seems to be pretty much in line. I found from a low
end of $7500 to a couple in the $9000 range. Most were in the 7-8k range. I''m sure a couple of our diamond experts will log on and let you
know if the numbers are good. Do you have any pics? Idealscope pics you can post?

tyty333

CaptB

Rough_Rock
I found this stone at a local jewlery store. They were trying to beat quote I had received from another store, but the stone they found was larger (1.06 vs 1.01) and scored higher on the HCA rating, but they kept their word, and matched the price.

I have seen the stone and it looks great, should I still ask for ASET or idlescope images?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2009 2:03:49 PM
Author: CaptB
I found this stone at a local jewlery store. They were trying to beat quote I had received from another store, but the stone they found was larger (1.06 vs 1.01) and scored higher on the HCA rating, but they kept their word, and matched the price.

I have seen the stone and it looks great, should I still ask for ASET or idlescope images?
You can ask the store if they have access to an ASET scope you can use, but not all do so. As you can see the diamond, ask if you can view it away from the store lights to see if you like how it looks in plain daylight where the diamond will normally be worn - so you can give it a good test drive. The numbers look good, the rest depends on how you like it and how it compares to any others you might have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results