shape
carat
color
clarity

Price Scope Vendors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

setting_help_please

Rough_Rock
Why would someone buy from Blue Nile when they could buy from one of the vendors on Price Scope? Has anyone ever had a problem with buying from a Price Scope vendor?

Is SuperbCert.com the smartest place to buy Superb Cert diamonds? I was kind of put off by the fact that they are not listed on ConsumerGemLabs.com as a vendor that would ship for appraisal without payment.

Thanks in advance for input.

setting_help_please

Rough_Rock
I may have just answered part of my own question. I just realized that superbcert.com doesn't sell to the public.

optimized

Shiny_Rock
Hi again setting_please_help,

As a recent purchaser of a SuperbCert diamond, I would recommend them heartily. I personally believe they offer some of the best value around for "branded" super-ideal diamonds (significantly less expensive than the likes of "A Cut Above" and "EightStar"), and the amount of information they provide for each diamond really helps take a lot of the guesswork and "faith" out of buying from an online vendor. Before I bought my diamond, I had seen the GIA report, OGI Megascope report, the HCA figures (could have just punched the numbers in here, but it was nice to have them on the site), BrillianceScope report and animations, as well as a collage containing photos of the diamond itself (magnified), the H&A pattern, and an IdealScope/Firescope image. It was definitely nice to have all that stuff while making my final decision.

. That's where I went. I liked the idea of dealing directly with the manufacturer, and Barry was very helpful. The only "real" benefit to buying from Barry directly at this time seems to be the easy availability of the collage I mentioned (he had it made up for me the same day I asked for it), and that he mentioned to me that only diamonds bought directly through him are eligible for full purchase price trade-ups if you decided you'd like a bigger/better stone at a later date. Other than that though, there are many vendors who also carry SuperbCert, and some of them have some other perks that may be worth investigating.

Hope this helps....

-Tim [/u]

barry

Shiny_Rock
setting;

As Tim pointed out, we do indeed sell direct to the public.

We have also at customers' request sent (and continue
to send) SuperbCert's
to rockdoc without payment up front.

Regards,

Barry
superbcert.com

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Hi Barry,

Just went to your site for a quick look. Seems like you're selling
your stones (the one I've checked) 5% off Rap. Interesting.

Trichrome.

okaynow

Rough_Rock
hi barry,

How does an H color diamond look with a superbcert cut H&A?

Will the cut help hide any off color?

Thanks

barry

Shiny_Rock
okaynow;

"H" color SuperbCerts look excellent.
As a matter of fact, we have recently set several
"I" color SuperbCert's in Vatche Platinum rings and they
face up "white" with no tint.

Yesterday we had a Gentleman come in and compare
a 1.50 "G" to a 1.50 "I". He could not detect any
difference between them in the face-up position.
He did see slight color in the "I" when looking at it from
the side.

Hope this helps.

Barry
superbcert.com

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
People should also remember that in real life diamonds are set
in rings that will be on a finger hopefully. Skin color has also something
to do with the color of the diamond you should choose. If you're
a white female, your skin will not be white as a sheet of paper. It will
be a little yellow. So, even if on your diamond you see a small tint
of it when looking at it from the side, it will not be
a problem when you'll wear it on your finger.

Trichrome.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results