shape
carat
color
clarity

Price relationships: ACA, BN Signature Ideal and Solasfera

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realize every diamond is unique blah blah blah . . . BUT . . . work with me here.

Hypothetically, lets say you found 3 otherwise absolutely identical round diamonds:
All 3 are GIA or AGS, E, VVS1.

If the price of the Blue Nile Signature Ideal is $10,000 what would you guess would be the price of the ACA and the Solasfera?

I'm not certain but I might guess that the ACA would be 10% more than the BN, and Solasfera would be 20% more than the BN.

Do you agree?
If not what is your rough guess off the top of your head?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Price relationships: ACA, BN Signature Ideal and Solasfe

Sometimes it seems to me that BN is more than ACA.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's exactly what I was thinking - BN can be high at times. Never paid close attention to the Solasfera so can't comment on that.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've never priced a Solasfera, but I have always had the impression that BN was higher than WF.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

kenny|1306281530|2929514 said:
I realize every diamond is unique blah blah blah . . . BUT . . . work with me here.

Hypothetically, lets say you found 3 otherwise absolutely identical round diamonds:
All 3 are GIA or AGS, E, VVS1.

If the price of the Blue Nile Signature Ideal is $10,000 what would you guess would be the price of the ACA and the Solasfera?

I'm not certain but I might guess that the ACA would be 10% more than the BN, and Solasfera would be 20% more than the BN.

Do you agree?
If not what is your rough guess off the top of your head?

Kenny,

I am not sure what point you are trying to make with your question, but it reminds me of a conversation I had with Paul Slegers some months ago.

He said that since Blue Nile is the largest online vendor on the net and since they own very little of what they sell, even their Signature line, that the prices they charge are a better indicator of true pricing than Rapaport.

He also said that Rap only gives us a theoretical price level, and that different sizes and qualities have differing discounts from the listed price, whereas with Blue Nile these are actual diamonds being sold at actual prices with all of the factors taken in, such as fluorescence, being just below a significant price point, etc.

He had a lot more to say about them, but I do not remember the details at this time.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results