shape
carat
color
clarity

Price on Tiffany setting e-ring with smaller diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

milanjv

Rough_Rock
I am planning to buy Tiffany setting 6-prong plat e-ring for my girlfriend (I have given a lot of thought about it, and decided for Tiffany - so please no debate on that), but there is not Tiffany store in place I live in, and I need your help whit how much money I should budget for it.
We are young, I am a graduate student and I can not afford big budget now (I hope I will be able in few years - for some anniversary) and therefore I am looking for smaller stone. I will buy it during our 10-day stay in Paris (romantic location to compensate for smaller stone :)
On their web site they state that prices are starting from $1000. What can be purchased for that price? Or just give me few examples of what I can buy in that range (I am not limited to only 1K, maybe I can stretch for 2-3k, but idea is not to spend too much money, rather to find something nice and balanced for our situation).

Thanks.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best is to call and ask.

I''m going to guess less than a half carat.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Also, Signed Pieces carries Tiffany rings pretty often, so I would definitley keep checking their site...

Signed Pieces

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Maybe go for the 3 stone, so she can still have a nice carat weight. I have no idea whether they would set a different stone instead of a diamond, but a sapphire (it is hard, so better for every day wear than some other coloured gems) such as a pink sapphire in the setting you wanted would be nice. She''d not only have a Tiffany, but a custom Tiffany!

Seriously, if you can''t afford the name (and that is a lot of what you are paying for) you could get a replica made so it still looks like a tiffany.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i would be proud to wear the 1/3 carat platinum 6 prong tiffany setting with matching wedding band.

gurl perspective here: I would rather have a bigger rock than go to paris.

more perspective here: I assume you are in the US. should you buy the tiffany in paris? what about custom tax? buy it at home and carry it with you?

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Personally I doubt you''d get a .3C brand new. Check ebay for a price guide- there is one in your price range 2nd hand with certs .23 C but it is what you want. Don''t confuse Tiffany setting with tiffany and co when searching ebay.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I our exchange rate is so hot with Euros right now. I really really would buy the ring in America and bring it there to propose. In fact for your budget I suggest watching signedpieces.com they have a good rate of turnover and in fact it''s rare for them not to have a classic tiffany ring in your budget. With sp.com you could get something close to a 1/2 carat. From a new tiffany store you''ll be lucky to get half that size.
Also if you''re looking at a .25 - .35 carat Tiffany ring you might want to consider the Etoile. It makes the diamond looks so much bigger plus they just work better with the more <.5 diamonds. In other words it''ll look more like the size is intentional rather than just what you could afford. Does that make sense?

Our budget was also <$2.5k and I love Tiffany so I was looking pretty hard at the options!
5.gif
I certainly won''t tell you not to go for tiffany''s because I think that they have this ineffable quality to them. As a woman I''d have certainly preferred a real .3 Tiffany to a slightly larger replica. Also in this budget range and in platinum, you''ll actually do far better with an estate real Tiffany than with a replica as a good replica mounting alone will cost you at least 1k and probably more. The savings between a Tiffany and a replica really only start to show up with a larger budget.
In other words, the difference in cost vs size between a new tiffany and a replica is increases in a non-linear fashion as the budget rises. I would also dare to say that the difference in cost vs size between an estate tiffany and a replica is actually reversed for smaller budgets!
31.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I dont mean to bash eBay on this forum, BUT BE VERY CARFUL IF YOU ARE GOING TO LOOK ON EBAY! Their are simply too many fakes that are pawned off as the real deal on that site. I love the ideal of the Paris trip.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
You should e-mail Tiffany (under Customer Service) and explain what you want and your budget. They will let you know what is avalable by looking at their centralized computer inventory. They do start at $1000. If you find something you like they can get it to a specific store (Paris) for you to see.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results